GTD brake upgrades

I've just bought a GTD that's using the standard (granada?) braking system and am thinking about upgrades for the system for later in the year (when I can afford it!)
I intend to use the car mainly on the road, but maybe in the future would like to have a go at some track days or something similar. I'd like to retain the 15inch wheels as I like the look of them on the car. I've been to a company called Hi Spec motorsport, who do a nice front set up and are working on a new rear system incorporating a hydraulic hand brake, but I'm a bit concerned about the legalities.
Can anyone recommend any braking upgrades for the GTD that don't cost an arm and a leg?
Oh yes, I'm in the UK
Thanks
Simon

Simon,

There is a company in UK called Rallydesign. They have kits for GTD and they Use Wilwood (USED BY NASCAR in USA). Purchase ONLY the custom BELLS from them (58 BGP each). And then buy the Wilwood Calipers and Rotors from US Dealers (SUMMIT or Car Shop). I have all the part numbers that you need and the drawings of the brackets that are needed to attach the calipers to the GTD hubs.

Send me a PM and I will give you my drawings and part numbers FOR FREE /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

And NO, you don't need to spend $$$$$ to get good break set up as you will hear /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Simon,
As discussed yesterday, HiSpec should be having a mechanical handbrake functionality (most of their market started in Max Power). Have a look at this thread for Julian West's photo of the caliper at the Autosport show.

http://www.gt40s.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB7&Number=27115&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

If you want to look at Rally Design, its one of the web links I sent you last night, either that or I have a copy of their catalogue over at mine if you want a browse.

Brett

Back