GTD GT40 For Sale - *SOLD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: GTD GT40 For Sale

Keep in mind that Both SAAC and the Shelby Registry (which is administered by SAAC) have nothing to do with Mr. Shelby himself, it is an independent organization run by the owners of the cars, and was/is in litigation with CS over the rights to the registry which was/is compiled/maintained by SAAC which is probably why the SPF "continuation" cars are not included.

Keep in mind that Both SAAC and the Shelby Registry (which is administered by SAAC) have nothing to do with Mr. Shelby himself, it is an independent organization run by the owners of the cars, and was/is in litigation with CS over the rights to the registry which was/is compiled/maintained by SAAC which is probably why the SPF "continuation" cars are not included.

Actually, the SPF continuation GT40's are included in the new (current) SAAC registry.

Price reduction to a ridiculous 55k, a screamin' deal for someone surely!

I know this car and you could not buy the box of parts for this price!! Anyone who wants their own 40 should not pass this up. You ain't gonna get a better one for the money!

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter

Faili, you old scoundrel :stunned: ! If Pete ever finds out, you'd better hide!!

....oh, I forgot, you are already in hiding...

Cheers from Doug!

Still available, Sorted, California registered, Excellent example, 55K

Price to $53,500, is there a better value out there? Get into a GT40, again, sorted and registered for this kind of money, all the hard work has been done, just drive it. Please respond directly to [email protected] with name and phone number for a response.

Thanks

Hi Kris, I am ALL for You buying the sailboat as it gives ME a shot at owning a GT40. Your car is the right colors, steering wheel is where it belongs and the price is within MY ballpark. A little more motor would be cool(351W) but I suspect the 350hp is plenty for that chassis.
Hey other members, I will be recieving My inheritance real soon so the $64,000 question IS... Should I buy a second peice of real estate for rental income, or Kris's GT40 for a kick in the pants?????

Howard Jones

Supporter

Alex, The car comes with a standing invite to the annual GT40 Party at my house (San Ramon). I'll tell you what. If you buy the car I'll have a party for you to get to know all the other guys here in the Bay area. Buy the friggin car. You can't drive the house!

HEY, THANKS DOC!! That really means alot from a fellow Dutchman. OH, I guess I am not allowed to mention race on here, but My Father was born in Amsterdam 1924-2006. He is the one who would advise the real estate. Guess I will just have to wait for Kris to decide if He really wants to sell it.

THANK YOU TOO Howard, I would be delighted to attend Your event, but I need to here from Kris, DOES HE STILL HAVE IT?? and is it still for sale at these numbers????

I vote for the GT40! If you don't get it now, you probably never will... Dealing with tenants can be a pain in the butt. 350 hp is more than enough power for these cars

Go for it!.

No question Alex - GT40 all the way! See, I decided to "invest" in one, and my wife says that it is the "most fun investment" we've ever owned...there you have it!:idea:

THANK YOU KRIS for the reply and the phone conversation. I appreciate Your consideration toward keeping the car in California.
AND thanks to other members for the encouragement, I am sure many of You already know that Kris is quite the Gentleman. I am pretty much sold on getting the car for ALL the reasons mentioned. ALOT more fun and ALOT less work. Once the existing properties are sold, I will get serious about seeing the car with cash in hand(so to speak).
HEY, How many of You have right drivers? what is that like??

Alexander, that explains your Dutch last name.
I have a RHD. It's not realy a problem, but in overtaking it is a bit more difficult to see around the car in front of you.

GJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back