GTD Paint Colours

Hi Tony -

Ray does'nt have email (as far as I know) but I have mailed you details of the 'similiar' car that was seen at our club trackday in August. Hope it helps. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Depending on the actual age of the paint job, matching your color to a "book" color may not yield the results you want. The absolute best way (since you have 2 part paint anyway) is to simply take your nostril panel off and go down to a reputable auto paint facility. They will be able to computer match your paint (even the fade) quite easily and it will be the most exact for touch up work. If you intend to paint the whole car over, then just pick one you like!!

If the car is painted metalflake silver, more than just
a color match is necessary. The same size/concentration
of flake has to be included, and the sprayer must know
what he is doing. Not easy to match.

MikeD

Malcolm

Supporter
Oh Bugger! If P&K panels have destroyed their GTD records there go my paint codes! They did my car for me (direct, not through the factory) in 1992 and then again a bit later on. I had always hoped they would keep their records.

Hey ho, better keep it in one peice now!

Malcolm /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

To close the thread that I opened some 6 months ago, I think that I have found the spec of my silver. I did some sleuthing with P & K Panels' paint supplier. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
We think it is Nexa Autocolour Audi Diamond Silver no L97A, for anyone who might be thinking of duplicating it.
Of course, that doesn't mean that the car is that colour now!
As we will be doing some painting within the next week, I'll post how well the match works.
BTW Malcolm, if you are interested in following my route to get at your paint codes, send me an e-mail and I'll give you the name of the guy who was so helpful.

[ QUOTE ]
Nexa Autocolour Audi Diamond Silver no L97A

[/ QUOTE ]
The saga continues! When they came to paint my Gurney bubble, this colour did not match.
Instead they used something called 'VW LH7Y' and it matched perfectly.
Does anyone have the paint colour decode, as I would like to get an aerosol touch up spray for smaller areas?
If I knew what 'car' it was for, it would shut most dim shop assistants up.

Tony you need to find an automotive paint supplier near to you and get them to make up an aerosol of the paint you need.

You may need to order two or three cans.

I had some made up for my sons '67 beetle that we restored and needed to 'touch up'.

The cost was £8.50 a can and we had to order three.

It's a good idea to take the car to them so that they can check with their colour swabs.

Even though the beetle still had the original paint code sticker under the bonnet the colour matched turned out to be a Mercedes colour and not VW!

The cans worked wonderfully as they had a 'fan' nossel and the match was perfect!

Cheers

JohnJ

Back