Gurney Westlake,and Eagle?

Being a ford man i should know this but i don't , i was wondering if i one of you guys could explain exactly what the significance of these motors are in as much detail as possible . was also wondering what the difference is between westlake and eagle motors? also what were the displacements and how are the heads and intakes different from stock hipo motors? hope this question is not to large. THANKS,WADE

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
The difference is in the heads, the Weslake(no "T") heads, originally called "Gurney-Weslake" and later "Gurney Eagle" have ports that are considerably different from the factory style. They are on the order of the FE "tunnel-port" stlye. They require unique intakes and a toally different exhaust flange.

While they have been eclisped by modern small block Ford designs, any number of which are now available but were unimagined twenty-five years ago, they were state of the art in 1967.

Rick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banana.gif

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Andrew,
Sad.
You need therapy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bash.gif
Speed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.giftherapy.

Hi Bullets, Try and find a fordnatic who still has a copy of:The Complete Ford Book,by Peterson (1970).Pages 122/129.Once you have studied this along with the rest of the book you will begin to realise that all the fancy stuff,ie alloy blocks-long rods etc,was being played with by them. Its just a pity that we have taken so long to reinvent the wheel and mass produce it!!

Regards Jack.

Back