H Craft GT-R, Jared's build.

Apparently you can never have enough wires in a modern car!

P06p1F.jpg

l1nWrq.jpg

hVLssv.jpg

h4S4sX.jpg

H are you building a car or an F 14 Fighter Jet holy crap please explain what this car will have over the normal power windows, door locks, keyless entry, windshield wiper, audio, instrumentation, lights etc.

So we finally got the engine harness we've been waiting for after seven weeks, two weeks they said when we ordered it!!! that and we were waiting for a new clutch upgrade to show up too.
Both of these items had held up play in the engine bay area, the harness as its buried under water pipes and covers and the rear end of the car not being able to be reassembled until the trans was back in.
Now that both are back on the car we can move forward with the tail hinges and so on, hopefully for the last time other than paint.
A02xvh.jpg

zx5kKr.jpg

cIZMdR.jpg

mHM5ZX.jpg

The trans cooler has been added to the underside of the inter cooler plenum which will bleed of a little of the force fed air for oil cooling.

ZZyl5b.jpg

xGH1sW.jpg

ehcpa4.jpg

GT-R tire & wheel sizes.
In my opinion only.
Go with the 19"F and 20"R for the wheels, tires to be 285 30 R19 P Zero fronts and 335 30 ZR20 Rears, this will give you a rear tire diameter of around 28" which will fill the rear arch.

If you have 19"F & 19"R then try, 285 30 R19 and 345 30 R19 Nitto Invo this will give you a rear tire diameter in the 27.25" range.

Jared V

Supporter
H is there a particular tire manufacturer that best fits these size tires over others

I originally had Michelin pilot sports ZPs in the WRONG size and changed to Pirelli for the CORRECT size. I recall the Michelin not being available in the size that H recommends. I originally thought it was a good idea to have the run flats on that car. I know...run flats suck.:nice:

I originally had Michelin pilot sports ZPs in the WRONG size and changed to Pirelli for the CORRECT size. I recall the Michelin not being available in the size that H recommends. I originally thought it was a good idea to have the run flats on that car. I know...run flats suck.:nice:
Yes Pirelli P Zero's forgot to add that.
Or something equivalent.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
...I originally thought it was a good idea to have the run flats on that car. I know...run flats suck.:nice:

My Mrs agrees.

Finding out the hard way it's verboten to patch run flats was the 'last straw' for the Mrs regarding her BMW ('car had 2-3 factory 'issues' from the get-go). 'Left rear got punctured somehow. 'Cost $500.00 USD to replace the tire (tyre). She was N-O-T happy about that. No one, including my own sorry self, had bothered to 'splain to her prior to buying the car that "run flats" require replacement once they're punctured.

That was the straw that broke the camel's back. 'Bimmer was GONE right after she decided on its replacement about 2 months later. And, no, the replacement does NOT roll on run flats (it actually has a spare tire and everything! :stunned:)!

Sub box closure panel.
So for the whole from the cockpit to engine the sub woofer box also becomes the close out panel. it also allows me some extra volume to the sub box to push the rear into the engine bay.

J9Iedc.jpg

A foam plug was shaped to best fit the contours on the front of the engine and to create a mounting surface for the sub.

qX6slt.jpg

b5BW4z.jpg

This was then glassed over to a thickness of about a 1/4" and bolster to the chassis with a foam seal.

wpRu9j.jpg

yZOveA.jpg

er2kQK.jpg

Centre Console.
So the first centre console showed up yesterday, Ive made them over length and without cutouts for shifter or hand brake lever so that its more universal.

NTYq6G.jpg

Vc8x4v.jpg

g4Yic7.jpg

w5VCia.jpg

I made a shifter cover out of a Dollar General plastic plant pot as a mold, easiest mold to make so far!

Cemu3f.jpg

rNTpuX.jpg

HaEBKF.jpg

XOgzdK.jpg

H looking good keep getting everything perfected so when I order the interior kit from you it fits like a glove I have a few ideas myself I will share when the time is right

H I forgot to ask is the flat surface on the center console in the shifter area big enough for the new gated shifter that comes with the new GTR kits

Back