Hard Driving GT3, well not hard enough

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
I'll bet the VW Bus has a 911 motor in it. Some where I saw a few guys in the states doing 6 cyl conversions for VW Vans.

Pretty cool that you can see a AM, GT3, and a VW Bus on the racetrack. I wonder what the subtext says.

Sandy

I had a lime green/white bus with no shocks or starter. I always had to park on a hill, but in West Virginia it wasn't a problem. rockonsmile

Thats a great piece of in-car footage and well done to that camper van for its better driving skill. I can tell you though that neither the Porsche or the Aston were being driven very quickly round Spa and they deserved to be outrun by the VW.

Graham @ GTA.

Writing on the windshield explains where on the SPA-track he is at the moment, what car is ahead, why he has problems to pass, and....what the heck ist that??? beside me??? a BUS...and so on.
Explanation to the bus at the end:
its a T1 on a T3 Bottomgroup with a 993 Biturbo-Motor, 993 Biturbo Brakes and a GT3 transmission. Stop wondering!!
Bus can be found on race-taxi.ch

Last edited:

Steve Briscoe

Lifetime Supporter
Aloys said:
its a T1 on a T3 Bottomgroup with a 993 Biturbo-Motor, 993 Biturbo Brakes and a GT3 transmission. Stop wondering!!

I've seen some "sleepers" do some pretty amazing things, but this VW has got to take top honors.

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Aloys said:
Writing on the windshield explains where on the SPA-track he is at the moment, what car is ahead, why he has problems to pass, and....what the heck ist that??? beside me??? a BUS...and so on.

Had to be somthing crazy LOL

Alloy thanks for the translation! I like the nut jobs that can pull off something like that!

Sandy

Back