Hello from Canada!

Hello everyone! Figured I had spent enough time viewing he forum as a non-member, and it's time I ought to introduce myself, and here's the place. My name is Tanner and I am a high school student set for graduation this year. I'm 17, and have a deep love for GT40's. It all started as a child with Gran Turismo in my household, and that one beautiful car in the game. The love has only gotten worse; with a trip to a Boston Pizza in Winnipeg a handful of years ago, when pulling into the lot, low and behold, there sat a Ford GT in heritage colours (my god, I'm grinning ear to ear right now thinking about it).

Anyways, I figured it's always good to start learning something before you go out an do it, and here's the place to get closer to a dream. I hope to one day be able to afford a kit car (or "car kit" in Canada), and import it here. The dream is to get a MK i (Superformance or RCR maybe) in the Gulf scheme (the 1969 Le Mans winner #6).

Looking forward to spending time here on the forum, learning, viewing, and yes, drooling over cars people are building!

Welcome to the forum Tanner, enjoy!
Keep the dream alive, and you'll find a way to make it happen.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
"Stay warm there"...Hell, Jim it's -40 here in Buffalo today!

Karen is home as school was cancelled (I guess they think the kiddies shouldn't wait for the bus when they turn to popsicles!) and I have not been to the shop for two days because I don't want to freeze between the car and the door!

A really tough way to learn the laws of thermodynamics! (No, you didn't let the cold in, you let the heat out!!!!)

But going to Barrett Jackson next week to meet with the Caterham factory guys and learn more. My Caterham driving, selling and Lotus living buddy/former business partner Tony is going along also to absorb the knowledge they should impart.

Any GT40s guys who are going should stop at the Superformance/Shelby/Caterham display to slap me upside the head for "hello"!

Dear God I hope Arizona is warm..................

Thanks for the welcome's guys, makes the forum a nice place to be.

Pretty sure it's cold everywhere right now! (it's gotta be the global warming!) Thankfully our school was cancelled the other day, they were calling for -59°C (-74°F, sounds better/colder in Fahrenheit) with the wind!!

Rick- Barrett Jackson looks like it's going to be awesome this year!! Always been a dream of mine to go there, and Amelia Island, but I pretty darn well missed the GT40 anniversary last year, and chances are there will never be that much awesomeness in one spot again for a few years. Anyways, you gonna be bidding for Snake and Mongoose?! Just kidding, but have fun!

Back