Hello from Little Rock

My son and I are interested in building a GT40 replica. We live in Little Rock, Arkansas, and he will be a Freshman Mechanical Engineering student at Georgia Tech this fall. We probably won't start the build until he gets home next summer, so we are just starting to do our research.

We just finished a build of a barn find 1974 Lotus Elan. We think the only remaining original piece is the steering column! Wide body, 260hp Cosworth, Quaife transmission and dif, etc. Fun build that took over our lives for the past year, and is finally complete, except for some tweaking.

Looking forward to learning a lot here. Thanks!

Hi Russ,
If your son would like to get a look at(or a ride in) a GT 40, he is more than welcome to come by and see mine. I am in Snellville, about 20 miles out Hwy 78 just past Stone Mtn., which is Ponce DeLeon in the city(runs right up to Tech). I will be out at Peachtree Corners at their festival with the car tomorrow, from about 9-3.
Annual PEACHTREE CORNERS FESTIVAL Car & Bike Show Saturday -Peachtree Corners, GA - SOUTH EAST USA WHEELS EVENTS-Car and Motorcycle Show Calendar
If he can't make it, or he's not in town, he can reach me on my cell. 678-687-4611. Just leave a message.

Bill

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Hi Russ,

Welcome to the site. There is a wealth of information here, so you should have no problem finding answers to any build/fabrication questions.

I live in LR as well, and would enjoy meeting up some time whenever you get started on the '40. Mike Trusty, another member also lives in the area, and he has an SPF MkII that is a beast.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. Bill: Russell won't be in the Atlanta area until mid-August, but I will pass along your contact info. That is very generous.

And thanks Terry! We would love to meet up. We were at Mike Trusty's shop yesterday, drooling over his SPF MkII. That just cemented our desire to build a GT40!

Back