Hello from the great white north

Hello all, my name is Eric. I have been modifing/maintaining automotive and other various forms of equipment before I can remember. For the past 6 years, I was working as a "repair tech" ( I don't say Mechanic, as I am unliscenced) in various shops. I was recently laid off when our economy hit the bricks, (Canada was faced with a maple syrup and hockey stick shortage, that's why our economy went tit's up) so I am going back to school to get my Grade 12. After this I will be apprenticing for heavy truck and coach Mechanic. As the years tick by, and the gray hairs on my head increase their numbers, I find myself to be unamused with just modifying existing platforms. I don't believe I will be quite happy until I build something from scratch. I've been looking into kit cars for a while, and the GT40 seems to be the victor of my heart.....you know, aside from my spouse, of course :shy: Over the next year, I hope to amass some parts and metal to begin my build. I apologize for the lengthy introduction thread.

Eric,

Welcome to the best Forum around!

It appears that you have a wealth of experiences to rely upon for your build.

So that's why so many Canucks come south to play in the NHL!

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Hi Eric - As the others have said - Welcome aboard!!!

Glad to hear that you're not taking the poor economy and lay-off laying down...
Good for you!!!! :thumbsup:

Eric, whereabouts are you located in Canada? Will you be ordering the studded tire option :rolleyes:? Spent a short time up around Kirkland Lake and points north - looked like a great place to drive like a demon - for about 1 month out of the year! Other areas to the south looked more hospitable.

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome, Eric.

There are a few GT40s scattered across this great white land, so depending where you are, there is probably someone not too far off. Seeing one (and making sure you fit) is a great motivator!

Good luck on the journey,

Mark

Back