Hi All, I recently purchased a rcr gt40 mk1 from the Gosford Museum

I am looking for some info-history about my rcr gt40 mk1 that I bought from the Gosford museum. I believe that the car was built back in 2009 at the absolute pace in QLD - Craig White. It looks likes they are now out of business now.
anyone can help?

Attachments

• bgfajhisc7fm61gz9saf1uble(1).jpg
    bgfajhisc7fm61gz9saf1uble(1).jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 251
  • 5ccjrgmiwd8tdd27uskpi91n7.jpg
    5ccjrgmiwd8tdd27uskpi91n7.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 286
I am looking for some info-history about my rcr gt40 mk1 that I bought from the Gosford museum. I believe that the car was built back in 2009 at the absolute pace in QLD - Craig White. It looks likes they are now out of business now.
anyone can help?
That looks awfully like Bill D's car that was sent to OZ by RCR. IIRC Absolute Pace were going to be RCR/Australia agent at one point in time. The Blue looks to be a shade lighter, but that could be camera or lighting.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome to GT40s.com

That looks awfully like Bill D's car that was sent to OZ by RCR. IIRC Absolute Pace were going to be RCR/Australia agent at one point in time. The Blue looks to be a shade lighter, but that could be camera or lighting.
I was going to say the same...

Post some photos of the engine compartment and under the front hood - we may be able to get more info for you..

engine bay

Attachments

• DBCD5BBF-337F-4819-B843-BE67A0D542F6.jpeg
    DBCD5BBF-337F-4819-B843-BE67A0D542F6.jpeg
    84.3 KB · Views: 364
  • E28A6256-905C-48E8-9271-FF7B473E1A9A.jpeg
    E28A6256-905C-48E8-9271-FF7B473E1A9A.jpeg
    85.2 KB · Views: 261
basically, I want to register the car here in WA. and I wonder if the car was already registered in the past in another state (qld). the car has a QLD modification plate. it would be great if I could get a contact number - email of the original builder/owner.
thanks to everyone in advance!
luca

Attachments

• dnhqym1rdd5za9vuog4lfkas7.jpg
    dnhqym1rdd5za9vuog4lfkas7.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 246

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Here Bill’s build diary. A lot of the photos are gone but, take a look.

Regards Brian

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Yes - That car was built by Bill D. It was RCR Chassis #10. Body & Paint by Ken Pike.

Looks like it Randy. I watched his build. What ever happened to him?

Bill doesn’t come here anymore and I’m not sure why. I still hear from him from time to time.
I’ll ping him...

I remember drooling over that rear wheel/tire combo on a visit to Bill in southern California way back when.
Beautiful car and paint colors.

Congrats on your acquisition.

I remember drooling over that rear wheel/tire combo on a visit to Bill in southern California way back when.
Beautiful car and paint colors.

Congrats on your acquisition.
IIRC that large offset rear wheel/Tyre combo might have been a factor in some of the issues Bill had to deal with during the shake down period.

Hi Luca. There was a lot of chat about this car on the Facebook group called...
Australian Club Cobra, Daytona & GT40

Here's one of the links:

Just go into the group and search "Gosford"

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
IIRC that large offset rear wheel/Tyre combo might have been a factor in some of the issues Bill had to deal with during the shake down period.

Bill had a bad set of bearings in his rear uprights. They had not been properly torqued down at the factory either since they expected the customer to do it. I remember the episode well when he had to have the car loaded on a flatbed to get it home...
I have pinged Bill, but have not heard back from him.

Back