Hi from Virginia!!

I've been a long time lurker on this website, and I've been looking to build a gt40 for awhile. I'm finally in a good place (financially as well as time wise). I'd probably go with an Active Power build from Chris. Just wanted to see how others experiences were with building an Active Power gt40.

Also what kind of experience is recommended? I have some experience with mechanic work (simple stuff like brakes, tires, small suspension work). I don't think I've ever done bodywork. I do have a garage with a lift as well as the usual hand tools.

Long story short, I just wanna get the rundown on an Active Power build.

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome to GT40S Bill. I think there’s at least 3 builds going on from Active Power. Check out the build logs, and the search function. Hopefully those guys will see this post and chime in. If memory serves me correctly, I think there’s 2 GT40S and 1 Lola T70.
Enjoy the site.

Regards Brian

Welcome to GT40S Bill. I think there’s at least 3 builds going on from Active Power. Check out the build logs, and the search function. Hopefully those guys will see this post and chime in. If memory serves me correctly, I think there’s 2 GT40S and 1 Lola T70.
Enjoy the site.

Regards Brian
Here's hoping they do. I have searched the forum for active power builds, but I don't see many of the builders talking about the ease of building, what they liked/didn't like about the process, etc;

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I looked real quick with a search, and I saw 5 GT40S and 1 Lola from Chris on the first page. Also search YouTube. If I remember correctly there’s some videos there also.

Regards Brian

Hi Bill, I put one together a couple of years ago and loved every minute of it. I’m in law enforcement with the ability to follow directions and figure things out. Not a hard deal putting it together. Chris was a phone call away, very helpful and a pleasure to deal with. My build is under Miami Active Power. Let me know if you have any questions.

Hi Bill, I put one together a couple of years ago and loved every minute of it. I’m in law enforcement with the ability to follow directions and figure things out. Not a hard deal putting it together. Chris was a phone call away, very helpful and a pleasure to deal with. My build is under Miami Active Power. Let me know if you have any questions.
Much appreciated George, what would you say was the most difficult part/ tedious part of the process?

The entire build is a meticulous process of thinking ahead, planning and looking at what others have done. I don’t have a lift but used floor jackets and started with the suspension. I found that not installing the floor aluminum panel until later in the build provided better access to the inside cabin. As you know the inside is cramped and requires lots of work. I outsourced the electrical, bodywork and paint. Regular tools, dedication and sometimes a little frustration is all it takes. This project is not for a procrastinator or a person who has several unfinished projects. My advice is to stick to it until completion. It is worth the effort.

Back