Holley Commander 950

I'm thinking of changing to EFI and have been looking at the Holley 950 Commander, has anyone had any experience with this system? Thanks,

Steve26

I'm thinking of changing to EFI and have been looking at the Holley 950 Commander, has anyone had any experience with this system? Thanks,

Steve26

Steve,
the Holley Commander 950 is discontinued, if anybody has anything it will be old stock and no back up.
The new Holley EFI for retro fitting, Avenger EFI, is a bit basic for anything other than crate motors, self learning etc, all the stuff you don't want.
What is your motor, have a look at the Accel DFI, the most versatile and tuneable system about and if you have anything a bit oddball, the only way to go.
Where abouts in WA are you? Accel are hosting a two day EFI class including dyno demos on 25/26 of this month just south of Seattle, if you are interested I should be able to get you on the class.
Mike

I am using the commander 950 on my GT39 project I works well and is easy to program. I upgraded to the wide band O2 system so fine tuneing is pretty straight forward. It can also be upgraded to read boost if I add a turbo later.

Thank you guy's for your input.
Mike,
The reason I'm looking at the commander is that I have access to a new one at a VERY good price so while there is always something better out there this one is affordable.

Roy,
Are you using the throttle body or a multi port system? Did you have any problems setting it up? I'm running a 302 at something around 385 H.P. so I was going to use the 700CFM TB but have since learned that the ECM can be used for either MPI or TB? Not sure which way to go right now. Any thoughts? Thanks

Steve26

I am running a multiport system using all the factory sensors and injectors ,Of course I am not using a ford engine but I believe they sell a setup to do the same with ford . The system fires all the injectors all the time kind of like a throttle body system but I think it would be more efficient.

Back