How much 134a

Have looked all over the forum and can not find the amount of 134a required for my RF or any other brand . I have the opportunity today (Sunday) to charge system.I can work out amount if i had engine running using temp and pressures, I know Paul at RF can help but not on a Sunday .

Regards,

Geoff

Goeff:
I am assuming you have a set of gauges. If you have a sight glass thats even better. If you don't have a sight glass you can charge slowly and watch the temp. Once you get enough refrigerant the system will stabilize and if you charge too much will start to rise. I would say a hi of about 250-300 psi. on the high side, even more with higher ambient temps. The low side should go about 30-40 psi. This should be done off idle about 1500 rpm to make sure you are getting max compressor output. Also make sure your condenser coil is getting plenty of fresh air as this will affect efficiency and maximum cooling, and your head pressure will be higher, if need be put a small fan in front of it to simulate movement at road speed.
These are all estimates, but should get you in the ball park.
Good Luck
Phil

Chuck

Supporter
Just charged the AC system on our RCR GT 40. It took two pounds of 134a and 1 and half ounces of PAG 150 to make up for what was lost when the connections on the Sanden compressor were installed. Added the refrigerant until the sight glass cleared.

Back