how much would the chassis of a GT40 be?

how much would the chassis of a GT40 be? like from a car junk yard or from somewhere that does not exceed the price of a normal car ??

Robert Logan

Defunct Manufactuer - Old RF Company
Lethergy,

I do not find that this area of the forum is where this thread should be placed. I personally find it very insulting that you should even link GT40 and junk yards finds and can not see any other reason for this thread but to cause an insult.

Please refrain from using this area of the forum unless it is to help Roaring Forties OWNERS with genuine questions.

Robert Logan

Ron Earp

Admin
Post moved, posted in RF section.

L,
you need to do a little reasearch on GT40s. You'll quickly find that the number of original cars is around 150 - that is, 150 and that is all. No more were built. All of these are cherished cars and some of them have selling prices over 1.5 million US dollars. Therefore, you will not find a chassis in a junk yard.

The majority (but not all, there are some real GT40 owners here too) of the people on this board build or own replicas. In many cases these replicas outperform the original cars cosmetically and performance wise, but they are still not original cars.

Even so, a good replica is going to cost over $50,000 minimum to assemble, more than likely more than that. There are many here that have over $100,000 in the replicas. Even so, you'll not find a better performance bargin.

All of this information is available on this forum if you use the search feature. It is also available on the replica manufacturer's websites. So, please use these resources to the best of your ability to find the answers to some questions that have been covered here in detail.

Thanks,
Ron

My guess is that Lethargy (14 years old) is simply
unaware of what he's asking. My son (13 years old)
is a whiz at latest computer games, but knows little
about protocol and has little patience. Sign of the times
I'm afraid.

MikeD

Howard Jones

Supporter
I fell in love with GT40's when I was about 14. The older brother of a friend of mine down the street had a Corvette and some guy he knew came over his house with a real 40 and gave me and my friend rides. I fell in love right on the spot. If you want to know about cost go to the search section and put in "cost" or if you want to know about tires put in "tires" etc. As a note to the board try to put a good discription of what the subject of the post is about in the first post. Such as "Tires, where can I get 15" tires?" This will make the search engine work much better. Also put it on the correct page. The above example should be found in Tech, Body, Chassis,.....etc.
If you really want to build one of these then save your money and take you're time to learn about cars and how they work. You have much more of that, time, than most of us have money.

Sorry for my insulting question. :| Sorry for my insulting questions Roaring Forties but i thought you could find car bodies in them, my dream for a GT40 has blinded me with insolence /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif and I am 14 year old and do not knows jack about cars. And I never meant for an original gt40 either. I did not mean to insult anyone with such questions. Just asking so i can learn.

Back