I got a question for you fellows

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
I'll put that last remark down to the ignorance of youth
and too much exposure to Kiwi propoganda /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Any advice you fellows want to say about making a GT40 with the lowest budget? Where I can get them cheaply as possible?
I have PLENTY of TIME but not on money. So time=work on car longer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I'm willing to work for it too. I might work all the holidays that's coming up. (Me dad is a franchise buyer so i might work in one of the shops he owns)
Or i might even work for you guys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif If you guys are only generous enough. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Take auto shop classes (even in Virginia they have those) and read about how to take things apart. Find a garage you can hang around, or get a job in a garage and ask them to show you things. Community colleges are a great place to take courses on how to work on mechanical things.
Finally, the best mechanic I know started by taking and completing a community college degree course in airplane mechanics. He worked 12 years for Eastern and is now the best exotic car wrench I have ever seen, bar none. That is a great way to get into this hobby or line of work.
Don't start with a GT40- take apart and rebuild something else which is less pricey and simpler to learn on, like an older Mustang, and then tackle a GT40.

I saw a add on the newspaper saying that a person is selling his/her car for $1900; and i believe its somewhere around the 1960s and up Corvette. The add said it needs a lots of work. Should i buy that car? Cause i have enough money to buy it but no garage to put it in /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif We just moved to a town house that's closer to my school.

Back