I Just Saw Something Horrible

I was watching NASCAR on Fox when they showed a preview of a show that's coming on in the fall called Fastlane. After a few obligitory shots of a bunch of pretty people with guns they show a GT40 in gulf colors. I almost jumped up with out of my seat when I saw it. That, however, only lasted a few seconds when I saw to my horror the GT40 catch air flip and destroy itself when it landed.

Every one the room looked at me like I was crazy. Then I realized that I was yelling at the TV like a mad man.

It was really horible. I don't know if I'll even sleep well tonight.

Doug

p.s. if you want to see the horror for yourself http://www.fox.com/fastlane/

Let's hope that the video was a result of some good editing of archive footage. If it wasn't, these guy have a production budget slightly larger than most third-world countries.
shocked.gif

G

I had the same reaction when I saw it. It was a beautiful looking car. I hope however, the flip was done in one of those realistic looking 1:18th die cast models. I'm actually looking forward to the series.

Paul Campoli

Sorry guys, that was an actual car, I talked to the stunt guy who rolled the car for the series at the Sheryl Crow video shoot. The cars were CAV and one was rolled and the other was blown up.

G

Can anyone find out about the roll cage they used as trying to fit one in for racing is pretty hard, so to do that stunt must have had a pretty wicked set up.

Maybe in time it will become an epic film clip like at the start of The Italian Job when they destroy some rather pretty cars which today would be worth a bob or two.

If you want to save these film cars, go to the GTD40 Car Club site and have a look at what they did to a GTD for the new James Bond film.
www.gtd40club.co.uk

This car is still "alive" and is actually up for sale as a low mileage car! Clearly one careful owner.

Malcolm

Back