I wonder which chassis this car uses

"Chassis was designed by a local race car manufacturer" Well I guess the SLCs success certainly makes RCR a race car manufacturer in it's own right now doesnt it? :thumbsup:

Alex .... are you suffering withdrawls after seeing tham intake manifold?

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
I am proud to say that Superlitecars designed and manufactures the rolling chassis for the Falcon Mach 7...production cars too, not just the show car.
It is not an SL-C and is indeed a bespoke package specifically for the Falcon , as Will mentioned.

Interesting, I thought it was originally designed on a reversed Corvette chassis? 1263Kg... What do the SL-C's weigh in at?

That intake does give me a semi though....

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
an SL-C is around 2400lbs depending upon drivetrain and accesories..

The Falcon used to weigh close to 3000lbs when built on the modified GM chassis...I have not received the official weight of the new Falcon yet

Glenn B.

Lifetime Supporter
Hey Fran,

This is off topic, but I see you are online. Any chance of me getting a replacement windshield and a set of clear headlight overs for my RCR T70?

Hope you had a restful Holiday break,

Glenn

BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAT :drunk:

I find it amusing people think power-to-weights of 3s and 4 are "extreme", hehe. 2.5 or bust! :drunk::drunk:

Alex:

As you know, "HP / wet weight" is only one way to measure a car. There are many other metrics: braking, skid pad, 1/4 mile, etc.

Another metric, surely not a concern for the high rollers, is the "$ per car" measurement:
Falcon: $225K / car,
SLC: $100K / car,

And the winner is......[Gee, I wonder]!

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
The Falcon is a true GT...full carbon fiber body with very high levels of luxury/interior trim...a lot less aggressive than an SLC...different strokes for different folks..
Both have their places in the market for sure...
The chassis and suspension we manufactured for the Falcon are a big step up from where it started and now truly makes it a real contender in its market sector...

Thanks for your compliments guys.....I guess the SL-C really is a bargain.......

Last edited:
I think the SL-C looks great but not sure if it's too my liking, I'm reserving judgement untill I see it in person as quite a few people have said photos don't do it justice.

Question is, how to make an SL-C loose another 350-400lbs without going to extremes.... I've driven 900Kg cars my entire life, anything more, even 1000Kg just feels like bloat to me.

The SL-C / RCR have continued to impress whether it's the SL-C setting records proving itself or RCR's continuel involvement with other projects where people have come to Fran.

He must be doing something right.

I think the SL-C looks great but not sure if it's too my liking, I'm reserving judgement untill I see it in person as quite a few people have said photos don't do it justice.

Question is, how to make an SL-C loose another 350-400lbs without going to extremes.... I've driven 900Kg cars my entire life, anything more, even 1000Kg just feels like bloat to me.

The SL-C / RCR have continued to impress whether it's the SL-C setting records proving itself or RCR's continuel involvement with other projects where people have come to Fran.

He must be doing something right.

The photos really do not do the SL-C justice. The car is fantastic looking both with the race or street tail configuration. Supurb handling and brakes make the difference for the slightly heavier (than 900Kg) finished weight. IMO, of course..

Yep, definitely will be politely requesting the Texas crew for a visit but really I want to head to RCR themselves for a weekend trip or something after I've settled in to my place in San Antonio the end of Feb / beginning of March.

Back