In Car Video

Ian Clark

Supporter
Hi Simon,

The link to the clips got lost in cyberspace so I'm looking for somebody who downloaded from the forum to repost it here.

Whaddya think guys, someone's saved it. Thanks in advance to whoever comes up with it:)

Cheers

Right click and "'save as" to your local machine and then find a web server to put it on.

There was talk a while ago about setting up storage for video on this forum, not sure what happened there...

It can stay where it is for a while but as I "borrow" the site from a friend I can't promise it'll stay there for longer than a few weeks.

Tim.

Is the in car video still downloadable? My computer says it cannot find server. Is this link no longer valid? Thanks, Jerry

Ian Clark

Supporter
Hi Tim,

Thanks for posting it again and to Bob Childress for sending a copy to me. Once our website is revamped it will be posted there.

Would anyone have the videos of the chassis dyno pulls saved? That was a wild ride!

Cheers

Ian, what gear ratios are you running? I have a ZF dash 2 trans. with a 4.22 rear end that in 5th (0.70 ratio) gives me an overall ratio of 2.95. That equates to about 180 at 7000 RPM. What do you run, and where do you get lower ratios for the ZF? Or are you turning 7500 at 193 mph and 8000 at 206?
Mike

This thread reminded me that I had seen something while making up my wish list(S) for parts for my car. At Pegasus Racing there are two devices that are available, accurate, and not that expensive. Would make a good club purchase to give accurate speeds.

http://www.pegasusautoracing.com/
1-800-688-6946
From the catalogue:

The Speedchek All Sports Speed Radar is an
affordable unit that is unique in its ability to measure and display speed information in a compact, standalone, one-piece format. It does not require you to "point, aim, and shoot" but instead is positioned so that the vehicle being measured passes through its radar field. Speedchek utilizes integrated X-band Doppler radar technology, resulting in the ultimate in accuracy and reliability at an affordable price. Reads up to 150 mph or 199 km/hour (selectable). The display features large 2 1/2" digital LED numbers. Uses 6 AA batteries not included. Made in the USA.

The Speedster HandHeld Radar Gun is the best handheld radar gun on the market, offering unsurpassed accuracy, ease of use, and value. Measures the speed of any vehicle up to 200mph, and is accurate to +/- 1 mph. Its compact and lightweight design (only 13 oz.) makes the Speedster a breeze to hold and use for any race, qualifying, or practice session. It simultaneously displays the current, previous, and average speed values for as many readings as you require. At this price, it outperforms other radar guns costing hundreds more. Made in the USA.

Speedchek All Sports Radar Gun Part No. 3192.. $139.99

Speedster HandHeld Radar Gun Part No. 3194 .. $316.99

Bill

Back