Installing The Door Handles

Rob

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Bill,
I think you may be torturing youself a bit here and making more of this than it is... The angle brackets is certainly an option, but while it is very close, it is possible to do this task with out having to trim off the pocket and glass in the brackets. However keep in mind there is no margin for error. Measure three times and cut once, as there is no opportunity to cut twice. The build manual shows a very simple install of the handles. The only real trick in drilling the hole. In the manual I used a very long 1/8" drill bit and drilled from the bottom of the door (outside) then in and up to the handle mount. Once done, I just filled the 1/8" hole on the bottom of the door. The long drill bit also permitted me the opportunity to use a pair of pliers and manipulate (bend) the bit while it was spinning to obtain the exact drill bit angle I wanted. With the long bit I could easily see the true angle of the bit. This long bit is not mandatory, as the alternative would be a 90* drill with standard bit. There would be no consideration to trying to get a regular bit in to do the job. Another method I considered was to use my dremel tool with the "flexo" extension cable on it. This too would have worked well.
Just wanted to share that it is not mandatory to do any glass work since you don't seem to keen on it.
Here are some pics.....hope they help you.

Attachments

• handle2.jpg
    handle2.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 349
  • handle3.jpg
    handle3.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 367
  • handle4.jpg
    handle4.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 347
  • handle5.jpg
    handle5.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 380
  • handle6.jpg
    handle6.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 359
Bill,

Rob has posted the pics from the online manual for you.

It's not on the RCR website ..its a private link for RCR customers...I have sent it to you a couple of times.

Back