Insurance.....

Malcolm

Supporter
Just in case it is of interest to anyone about to insure or re-insure their car, I have just insured mine with Aon Classic Car on 01384 552789. They told me the premium is £12.50 per £1000 of value on a limited mileage of 3000 per annum. Not sure exactly how it works as my premium doesn't match this precisely but it is a guide perhaps?

Interestingly the mileage I didn't use from my 3000 limit from last year was rolled over into this year so I reduced my policy mileage to 1500 but have about 3700 miles to play with as I only did a small mileage last year. And I get 5 free track days covered for me driving only plus 3 named drivers for free (but not covered for track days).

Just renewed my insurance for the GTD40, together with other classic vehicles and trailer all on a single policy from Hagerty - excellent service good price too!

JBW

INSURANCE: Lola one-off is now insured with HAGERTY also. State Farm in USA will NOT cover "replica" vehicles. Car is finally registered with Title, plates and Special State Issued VIN #.

Attachments

• New Car Me alone.jpg
    New Car Me alone.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 378
INSURANCE: Lola one-off is now insured with HAGERTY also. State Farm in USA will NOT cover "replica" vehicles. Car is finally registered with Title, plates and Special State Issued VIN #.

State Farm insures my Superformance MKI. They did go through a review process, and asked a lot of questions about it, but they did decide to insure it.

Back