Is there a fuel tank diagram?

I want to run two tanks in the side pods. I would have a cross over tube about 1 1/2" that connects both sides but has a small 1 quart or so supply tank that is the lowest point of the fuel system to provide fuel to the pump. If I run a breather tube from both tanks upwards to about the height of the head rest and connect them it will allow air to exit while filling. But what do I use to keep the fumes in and roll over protection?
Does this set up sound like it will work? I have never done side pod tanks and do not know what you guys have set up. Is there some simple diagram or picture to get me started?

thanks, Chip

You can route the breathers to the filler neck just below the filler cap like most production cars.

Regards

Here is a drawing from the Ford factory parts book of the original GT40 fuel system:

gt40fuelsystem.jpg

Hopefully that will give you everything you need to copy it. :thumbsup:

There are also small discriminator valves that are available that fit into the ends of rubber hose. They will essentially let the fumes/vapor out, but any liquid wil cause them to shut. They aren't 100% reliable and the vent to the top of the filler is a much better way, IMO, but there ARE options.

Back