J10, J11 and J12

Gentlemen,

I'm currently working on an article for a local magazine. This one is dealing with the J chassis back in the 60's and today. The problem, which I currently have, is that I have no Information about J10, 11 and 12 and their current owners. I know that the history of these chassis is not really interesting, as they didn't race much, but I want to give a complete overview.
Maybe one of you guys has some detail info.

Thanks in advance

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
J11 and J12 were still unfinished chassis in May of 1985 when I was at Autokraft in the UK and therefor they can have NO racing history prior to that. I have photos of the cars in uncompleted condition from that time.

Since then they have been through a couple of owners and have done vintage events.

Rick

J9 and J10 were finish for Can-am with the the G7A. J10 is owned by James Holden, Peter Portante (ERA) and myself. G7A body was long gone when we purchased it in the last century. It is now a very long work in progress to MK-IV. J10 racing history is below Hope fully it will be finish in this century.

J10 06/69 : Mosport Park, 15, Revson, DNS - St Jovite, 15, Revson, DNS - 07/69 : Edmonton, 15, Cannon, DNF - 08/69 : Mid-Ohio, 15, Follmer, DNS - Elkhart Lake, 15, Follmer, DNF - 09/69 : Michigan, 15, Brabham, DNF - 11/69 : Texas, 15, Cannon, DNS - Mount Fuji, Cannon, 2nd - 07/70 : Watkins Glen, 15, Cannon, DNF - Edmonton, 15, Hobbs, DNF - 08/70 : Elkhart Lake, 15, Cannon, DNF - 09/70 : Road Atlanta, 15, Yarbrought, DNF - Donnybrooke, 15, Elford, DNS - 10/70 : Laguna Seca, 15, Cannon, DNF - 11/70 : Riverside, 15, Cannon, DNF

Dutton

Lifetime Supporter
Leopold,

Pick up a copy of the book by Ronnie Spain, "GT40 An Individual History and Race Record." You'll find some helpful information inside.

Best,

T.

Thanks, guys.

Ronnie Spains book is quite good, thanks. Although I couldn't find any data about the current owners of J11/12.
Is it true that J12 is somewhere in England?
Do you have any detail info about the owners?

Thanks again,

Leo

Echoman said:
Does anybody of you have an idea where J11 - or who the owner is?

I believe the red one is owned by Tom Malloy and the white one is in Colorado. As an aside the numbers "J11" and "J12" were never stamped by Kar Kraft.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Jim,
Tru Dat! As I recall there was a period where both leftover chassis were known as "J12" but an agreement was reached and Rod Leachs car, then white with blue became "J12" and the other chassis "J11". Don't know much of the recent hiostory.

Rick

Do we understand that:
"the white one=J12=ex Rod Leach = In Colorado ??

Now is this Jxx or what?

GT 40 MK 4 Replica
Year of construction : 1967
KM : n/a
Price : € 75.000
Info : replica, Ford big block engine, monocoque, chriscraft gearbox,streetlegal
Pictures : GT 40 MK 4 Replica see mecanicimport.com

Many thanks for an explanation.

Hi Rick,

Yes, I am sure looking at the price that this is a replica.
Question is still not aswered where J11 is and how did this car get to be build on what appears to be based on close knowledge of the J cars.

Roel

As I will fly to England because of some photo shootings and Interviews, I'd be interested to see the red one. Does anyone of you have a contact address of Tom Malloy or knows where he lives?

Thx

Leo

I photographed J11 and J12 in the late 80's. The first one at Duncan Hamiltons when this was in Bagshot and Farnborough where it was being painted. As far as I heared both cars are no longer in the UK. They are in the USA (Rod Leachs in Arizona).
Regards Allan

J6 is in BG undergoing 25K service. Should be up and about soon.

Attachments

• IMG_0587 (2).JPG
    IMG_0587 (2).JPG
    93 KB · Views: 563
Back