Joe’s AP MK1 Gt40 build

Heat...lots of heat needed to get the panels to stay where they need to stay according to Chris.

What fasteners did you use for your hood?

My little dual snorkel hood doesn't fit so well either. I know it's not correct, but I don't see a need for it to be removable, and think I may glass it in and make it a permanent part of the front clam.

I think mine is actually bowed up in the middle, which effectively makes it narrower. that is why it won't fit over the lip on each side without some convincing. Front to back shape needs to flattened out a little too.

I guess i got pretty lucky then. I only needed to samd inner lip alil bit for it to drop in. Where my finger is in pic. I att link of fasteners i used.
C8F9183B-A1BE-4EFD-A4E7-FFD3142DBAE5.jpeg

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
It looks like you have half depth nostrills. Worth either cutting them out and replacing with deep ones or getting a deep nostril panel..
That way the hot air all exits up and does not cook the foot well Area of the car.

Or

form an aluminium kick up piece to meet up with the nostril panel to direct all the lot air out.

Ian

It looks like you have half depth nostrills. Worth either cutting them out and replacing with deep ones or getting a deep nostril panel..
That way the hot air all exits up and does not cook the foot well Area of the car.

Or

form an aluminium kick up piece to meet up with the nostril panel to direct all the lot air out.

Ian
I need to cut the top out still,I only took out what I needed to clear fans for fitment. as you mentioned,I will be making an aluminum duct.

I borrowed my buddys extra nostril to see what the single looks like on car but it is completely different shape. His car is an RCR and seems to be more flat. I think im going to order one from chris so i have both.
CA36C013-ECD4-4DDA-939A-7C008F3BA110.jpeg
DC0B1BB7-DAFC-4CB3-B332-51030F18BE05.jpeg
6A660168-4197-4D2F-BB82-52FE0DC1C10D.jpeg

Or

Ian
Ah yes, i see what your talking about now that i went and looked at car. The bottom of scoop does not go all the way down so i need to get that air to flow out. Great call, thank you.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Discussed here many moons ago

Ian

Ben Hedrick

Supporter
Joe, for your fuel system, do I see that you are running the Aeromotive 340, (link: Aeromotive 340 unit) in tank EFI unit? And if so, do you like it? Did you run it on just one tank and cross pump the other tank? Is the motor quiet? I hate hearing loud electric motors running on "old" cars. Just seems wrong. I know, if you run EFI, you're gonna need it. Thanks for any advise. I'm building a AP MKI too. Thanks, Ben

Joe, for your fuel system, do I see that you are running the Aeromotive 340, (link: Aeromotive 340 unit) in tank EFI unit? And if so, do you like it? Did you run it on just one tank and cross pump the other tank? Is the motor quiet? I hate hearing loud electric motors running on "old" cars. Just seems wrong. I know, if you run EFI, you're gonna need it. Thanks for any advise. I'm building a AP MKI too. Thanks, Ben
Yes, I’m running the 340 in tank unit in the 40. Its a great setup/design I’m also using it in my cobra but the dual 340 unit in that. Pump is very quiet compared to most others. I’m not running across over pump only an equalizer hose. Pass side tank has fuel level sender and vent,driver tank has pump assembly and fuel level sender. I filled 1 tank and both tank leveled off within a few minutes so -12an equalizing hose works as it should lol. if Not done yet be sure to measure each tank for fuel level unit as Chris‘s tanks are a 1/2 difference in height so i had my senders made to match each tank.

Ben Hedrick

Supporter
Yes, I’m running the 340 in tank unit in the 40. Its a great setup/design I’m also using it in my cobra but the dual 340 unit in that. Pump is very quiet compared to most others. I’m not running across over pump only an equalizer hose. Pass side tank has fuel level sender and vent,driver tank has pump assembly and fuel level sender. I filled 1 tank and both tank leveled off within a few minutes so -12an equalizing hose works as it should lol. if Not done yet be sure to measure each tank for fuel level unit as Chris‘s tanks are a 1/2 difference in height so i had my senders made to match each tank.

Joe, GREAT information, thank you very much! So I am looking at the dual 340 unit for my AP, and I too think I have the same setup as yours. One filler, one tank is higher and the "equalizing" hose via the -12 AN fitting. What is the difference between the Aeromotive 340 and the 340 dual. Just two pumps? And I assume, that you mount the 340 unit on the "filler" side tank? My filler is passenger right side of the car. So no dual filler caps.

This is the units I am "about" to purchase; Aeromotive 340 Dual kit

Thank you again, Ben

Joe, GREAT information, thank you very much! So I am looking at the dual 340 unit for my AP, and I too think I have the same setup as yours. One filler, one tank is higher and the "equalizing" hose via the -12 AN fitting. What is the difference between the Aeromotive 340 and the 340 dual. Just two pumps? And I assume, that you mount the 340 unit on the "filler" side tank? My filler is passenger right side of the car. So no dual filler caps.

This is the units I am "about" to purchase; Aeromotive 340 Dual kit

Thank you again, Ben
The gto40 tanks DONOT fit the dual pumps. Att is pump I’m running. Still have 2 filler caps.nothing changes except for doing a equalizing hose instead of multiple pumps.I’ll post pics of complete setup tomorrow.

Back