Jokes anyone? -

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
How much of the car do you need to dismantle to replace the starter?

'No idea about the above car...but, I know the 1990s era Caddy Northstar V-8's starter was placed DOWN INSIDE what would be the 'cam valley' in a normal V-8. EVERYTHING attached to the top of the engine had to come off to get at the starter. 'Darned HANDY, that.

You'll never convince me there was NO WAY to mount it externally.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Is it “complete”, “finished” or “completely finished”?

No English dictionary has been able to adequately explain
the difference between these two words - “Complete” and “Finished”.
In a recent linguistic competition held in London and attended by,
supposedly, the best in the world, Samdar Balgobin,
a Guyanese man, was the clear winner with a standing ovation
which lasted over 5 minutes.

The final question was:
'How do you explain the difference between
COMPLETE and FINISHED in a way that is easy to understand?

Some people say there is no difference between COMPLETE and FINISHED.'

Here is his astute answer:

“When you marry the right woman, you are COMPLETE.

When you marry the wrong woman, you are FINISHED.

And when the right one catches you with the wrong one,
you are COMPLETELY FINISHED!”

He won a trip around the world and a case of 25 year old Scotch!

Neil

Supporter
A little medical humor...

Attachments

• cartoon.png
    cartoon.png
    253.5 KB · Views: 283

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I do have that “Patience” tire cover for the Motorhome spare tire (which sometimes is carried by the Jeep I tow).. Generally people are somewhat tolerant of us, but there are times when they “let us know what they think”...

Attachments

• 7E53C108-6165-4863-AD36-340AEAA5F1D2.jpeg
    7E53C108-6165-4863-AD36-340AEAA5F1D2.jpeg
    609.8 KB · Views: 184

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
I do have that “Patience” tire cover for the Motorhome spare tire (which sometimes is carried by the Jeep I tow).. Generally people are somewhat tolerant of us, but there are times when they “let us know what they think”...

There's a distinct difference between holding up traffic for a minute or two 'til one reaches a place to pull over and just being a road hogging jerk
whose sole intention is to irritate other drivers.

'Reminds me of the time a few decades ago that the Mrs and I were stuck behind a 40' foot-or-so motor home on a continuously curvy, UPHILL, two-lane section of the PCH in Oregon...'double yellow line' all the way. The clown driving it was literally doing about 15 m.p.h. and WOULD NOT PULL OVER anywhere to let people pass...even though he went by SEVERAL places specifically designed for that purpose. The lineup behind him easily had to have been at least a mile-or-so long, I kid you not.

Bye and bye we heard the sound of a siren. It was an Oregon State Trooper 'leapfrogging' the line of traffic with the obvious intention of pulling over whoever was causing the backup. He successfully DID that...and almost every body in that line blew their horns and gave the idiot driving the motor home the finger as they passed by.

The Trooper was, shall I say, in the process of EMPHATICALLY cluing the moron in on the 'error of his ways' as we passed.

'Never seen a trooper that ticked off in my life! (He wasn't alone either! Trust me!)

Back