Ken's SLC build thread

Ken Roberts

Supporter
Hi Brian. The 3M fastening system comes in a two roll package.They call it 3M Dual Lock. The part number is #06483. It has a rubber adhesive. It is also available with a acrylic adhesive #06484 (higher temp rating). You can also buy it in different degrees of strength. The higher the holding the strength the higher the density of the little fingers. It’s also available in a low profile version. There are some great tutorials on YouTube.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    492.8 KB · Views: 306
Last edited:

Ken Roberts

Supporter
As shown in the picture in the previous post I buy a lot of my electrical supplies at Waytek Wire. Great source for fuse blocks, switches, ty wraps, spools of txl wire and wiring connector components. They are located in Minnesota...... not too far from my Province (Manitoba).

The 3M Dual Lock is also available in a coin sized hard backing form. It has a hole in the middle for a rivet or screw. #SJ-3463

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    510.8 KB · Views: 317
Last edited:

Ken Roberts

Supporter
I forgot to post the part number I used for the urethane coated track rollers in the door hinge upgrade. Here it is.....

Ultra-Quiet Threaded Track Roller, Urethane Coated, 1" Roller Diameter, 1/2" Roller Width

it is very important to mount them in the same exact position opposite each other in order to insure the hinge rolls true.

Last edited:

Ken Roberts

Supporter
This roller may also work and has a slightly smaller profile if you had relocated the gas cylinder mount on the hinge to allow your door to open farther. I used the original gas strut location on the hinge. See the second picture in post #1008 to see how close the gas strut mount is to the roller in the door open position.

https://www.mcmaster.com/3649K11

Last edited:

Ken Roberts

Supporter
Can anyone tell me the exact length of a GT-R fuel tank? I may drive down to see Fran once the border reopens for us Canadians. I’m not sure it will fit in my car however. I’d like to rework the tank for the CTS-V fuel module I’m planning to use for my LS9 engine.

Ken Roberts

Supporter
I got some parts back from the machine shop. The rod ends that were supplied with the car for the lower door hinges will be swapped out for these instead. They will control the arc of the door with a little less lateral movement. Two bearings were pressed into each rod end blank I bought from McMaster Carr.

image.jpg
3DCA072B-98B3-43B4-B36E-E34D3C851C4A.jpeg

58BD206B-93DA-4CB8-B5AF-4F364CEBF2BC.jpeg

Last edited:

Ken Roberts

Supporter
I made custom removable 48tooth reluctor wheels for the front C6 Corvette SKF X Tracker hubs. My SKF hubs have passive sensors built in (and are 30 spline) for my Racelogic traction control. You can also buy the SKFs with 33 spline and active sensors. I need a separate active sensor for the BMW ABS/DSC system. I can now make a bracket for the upright to hold the oem BMW sensor. Four were built for my SLC and future GT-R. All four wheels on the SLC now have equal 48tooth reluctor wheels. I can provide a part number for the reluctor wheel if anyone wants to do the same. These are smaller in diameter than the 48tooth reluctor for the 930 cv joints from the DriveShaft Shop.

The stubshaft/ reluctor wheels were made as light as possible but still strong to help keep the added weight down.

Note that if you buy the much cheaper C7 front hubs they are not machined for accepting a stub shaft. I guess you could always run a rear C7 hub in the front and use a 33 spline stub shaft.

image.jpg

Last edited:

Ken Roberts

Supporter
The stubshafts were cut from 2007 C6 Corvette used axles from a wrecking yard. Thy can be bought for $100 a pair. C5 and C6 corvette axles up to 2008 were 30 spline. Then in 2009/up the axles were 33 spline.
0EFC238E-2380-4D20-945D-15C876974545.jpeg

Last edited:

Ken Roberts

Supporter
I think the new front uprights supplied with the SLC and GT-R are not machined out in the center. Can anyone confirm that?

Last edited:

Ken Roberts

Supporter

There is now an option for a 33spline hub with a passive sensor. They claim it is equal in durability to the SKF X Tracker hub.

Ken Roberts

Supporter
The Chevrolet Bolt fan assembly (#42465910) would be a good candidate for anyone looking for a large modern Spal brushless fan. It appears to be about 15”.

Ken Roberts

Supporter
I’ve never seen one in person unfortunately. My guess would be something like 16”by 26”. The pair of Spal fans I used for the GT-R were 15” in diameter and cost about $300 each. You could cut the fan out of this shroud for $150 and have the same fan at about half the cost. These fans are rated at 320 Watts each.

76B21124-CBFC-4C55-B7C5-A3A3A4E84204.jpeg

Last edited:
Back