Le Mans Pre Test Sunday June 3rd.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
This coming Sunday will see all of the entries for the 2012 24 hr du Le Mans running on track. The teams are all using the time from 0900 until 1800 to try and qualify as one of the 55 cars that make up the grid.
Audi will be running the new Etron LMP1 casr which was aired a few weeks ago at Spa in the rather wet weekend of the 1000km race, a dress rehearsal for the 24 hours.

It hardly makes any noise at all - especially when compared with the other LMP1 cars and some fans have mentioned they don't necessarily like that aspect.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cphlVYw3Xz4
Anyway, I'm quite sure that Audi will qualify all four of their entries
and be somewhere near the front of the grid when the flag drops for the start of the 24 hours.
I was at the circuit yesterday and all the garages were being built and finalised ahead of the cars arriving today - Wednesday.
If any of you chaps are going over for this Pre Test weekend, email me on r[email protected]
ps It's not a bad idea to take a waterproof coat for Sunday but I didn't say that.........

Last edited:
As soon as the diesels showed up, I stopped going to the 24 Hours of Le Mans. I can't be bothered to watch glorified lorries that sound like vacuum cleaners droning around and around. Plus, a sizable percentage of the crowd consists of English football hooligans who have zero interest in the cars or the racing, and are just there to cause trouble in a foreign land. No thanks.

Le Mans Classic, on the other hand, is a must-see event, and I'll be there again this year. :thumbsup:

Keith

Plus, a sizable percentage of the crowd consists of English football hooligans who have zero interest in the cars or the racing, and are just there to cause trouble in a foreign land. No thanks.

Ah, the 24 hours of Agincourt......

Back