Let's see if I got this right..

LET ME SEE IF I GOT THIS RIGHT.

IF YOU CROSS THE NORTH KOREAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET 12 YEARS HARD LABOR.

IF YOU CROSS THE IRANIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU ARE DETAINED INDEFINITELY.

IF YOU CROSS THE AFGHAN BORDER ILLEGALLY, YOU GET SHOT.

IF YOU CROSS THE SAUDI ARABIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE JAILED.

IF YOU CROSS THE CHINESE BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU MAY NEVER BE HEARD FROM AGAIN.

IF YOU CROSS THE VENEZUELAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE BRANDED A SPY AND YOUR FATE WILL BE SEALED.

IF YOU CROSS THE CUBAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE THROWN INTO POLITICAL PRISON TO ROT.

IF YOU CROSS THE U.S. BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET
  • <LI style="COLOR: rgb(102,102,153)">A JOB, <LI style="COLOR: rgb(102,102,153)">A DRIVERS LICENSE, <LI style="COLOR: rgb(102,102,153)">SOCIAL SECURITY CARD, <LI style="COLOR: rgb(102,102,153)">WELFARE, <LI style="COLOR: rgb(102,102,153)">FOOD STAMPS, <LI style="COLOR: rgb(102,102,153)">CREDIT CARDS, <LI style="COLOR: rgb(102,102,153)">SUBSIDIZED RENT OR A LOAN TO BUY A HOUSE, <LI style="COLOR: rgb(102,102,153)">FREE EDUCATION, <LI style="COLOR: rgb(102,102,153)">FREE HEALTH CARE, <LI style="COLOR: rgb(102,102,153)">A LOBBYIST IN WASHINGTON <LI style="COLOR: rgb(102,102,153)">BILLIONS OF DOLLARS WORTH OF PUBLIC DOCUMENTS PRINTED IN YOUR LANGUAGE <LI style="COLOR: rgb(102,102,153)">THE RIGHT TO CARRY YOUR COUNTRY’S FLAG WHILE YOU PROTEST THAT YOU DON’T GET ENOUGH RESPECT
  • AND, IN MANY INSTANCES, YOU CAN VOTE.
I JUST WANTED TO MAKE SURE I HAD A FIRM GRASP ON THE SITUATION…

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Jack, within that broad category "free education", don't forget that you get the right to have educational services delivered in the language of your origin when available and if those languages are so low incidence that you don't meet the "need" for bilingual education, you still get services for "ESL", which means English as a Second Language. In many cases teachers are prohibited from giving these students failing grades and the programs at schools are determined by a committee that includes a "parent representative" that in the vast majority of cases is NOT the parent of the student being staffed.

We here in the U.S.A. are being invaded from the south, I've said it before and I'll say it again. It is the responsibility of the federal government to secure our borders and the federal government doesn't seem to give a roarin' flip, so to speak. Pretty soon the "hispanic" population will be the majority in the U.S. and then we can expect even more favorable treatment for those who are here illegally, I mean after all the ones who will be voting for our leaders will include large numbers of illegal aliens, themselves.

A sad state of affairs, to be sure!! We MUST make the U.S. less attractive to those who would consider circumventing our legal immigration system. I vote for bringing our military troops home from overseas and stationing one every 100 yards with a loaded automatic rifle and "shoot to kill" orders. A bit harsh, but we're being over-run here, IMHO we MUST do something drastic.

Doug

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
My mom is an ESL teacher and boy oh boy... She is the most bleeding heart liberal on the planet, but even SHE is getting aggravated at the state of things. What SHE gets mad about is the audacity of the parents and their demands that their children aren't being taught as fairly, if not better, than the regular American kids. Then my mom starts going on and on about all the special paperwork she has to get, all the different languages she has to have things prepared in such as Vietnamese, Chinese, Japanese, Spanish of course, French, etc. The area she works is surrounded by a very low income neighborhood, not a bad neighborhood per-se, but just poor. The majority of residents are on government assistance (PC term for welfare, medicaid, etc.), but for some reason, the parents drive up in brand new Cadillac Escalades on 26" wheels. I've been to her school in the morning a few times and it looks like a friggin car show!

But I digress... It seems this country has become a pus*ified version of it's former glory. "Bring me your tired, your downtrodden, your hungry masses!" now seems to mean, "Hey! Come to America, we'll give you free stuff if you promise to like us!" And yet we are still the most hated country in the world. I think it's because we are seen as a wasteful country who does the aforementioned things to make up for it. If we were hardasses and just told people to piss off and held strong to OUR beliefs and OUR founding father's goals for the country, we'd at least be respected. That and the fact we are constantly trying to police the world, all the while our home country is falling apart. We need to stop putting our noses in everyone elses business and focus at home. If anyone tries to mess with us, we completely destroy them. Eye for an eye wouldn't be the way to go about it. It'd be more like Eye for a head. Then we'd be taken seriously.

Sorry to rant, it's early. LOL

Laters,

Brian

Keith

On my way Jack - get my food stamps ready. Oh, and can you spring for the airfare and a cab from the airport?

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Lets not forget the "visitors" that sue the hell out of the state and federal governments because they were not offered documents and/or a translator in their native language - and WIN THE LITIGATION LOTTERY!!!!! Oh yes, and they are represented for free to boot!

Move over Jac Mac.... I'm making my plans....

Keith, I have a West Wight Potter available. We'll meet at the ferry dock in Lymington and make the trip together.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
My mom is an ESL teacher and boy oh boy... She is the most bleeding heart liberal on the planet, but even SHE is getting aggravated at the state of things. What SHE gets mad about is the audacity of the parents and their demands that their children aren't being taught as fairly, if not better, than the regular American kids. Then my mom starts going on and on about all the special paperwork she has to get, all the different languages she has to have things prepared in such as Vietnamese, Chinese, Japanese, Spanish of course, French, etc.Brian

Come on, Brian, I met your mother and she seemed like a pretty normal type to me :thumbsup:, a delightful person and not at all "daft" in her political persuasions. But, she's right, the state of our education system has become too PC.....IF we as a nation would just grow some balls and declare English as our official language, we wouldn't have to go to the earth's end to make all these immigrants happy, quite the opposite, they would have to learn our language to become part of our society-----but, oh, NO, we're too worried about offending someone who is from ANOTHER COUNTRY and in my neck of the woods most often here ILLEGALLY. Actually, CA has the right idea, they eliminated their bilingual education programs and instituted what they call "immersion"......put the little guys into English language classes where they have to learn the language instead of coddling them and postponing the eventual. It seems to be working quite well there, and as they say "So goes California, so goes the rest of the nation". Your mom just might be out of a job soon if the rest of the country gets the message!

But I digress... It seems this country has become a pus*ified version of it's former glory....If we were hardasses and just told people to piss off and held strong to OUR beliefs and OUR founding father's goals for the country, we'd at least be respected. That and the fact we are constantly trying to police the world, all the while our home country is falling apart. We need to stop putting our noses in everyone elses business and focus at home.
Brian

Yep, totally agreed. We always did welcome those from other countries, but it's only recently that we seem to have lost sight of the original goal, that they would eventually acculturate to our society, not absolutely hold tight to their prior society and expect us to acculturate to that. And agreed, again, that the U.S. has become wussies about defending ourselves but bullies about defending the rest of the world. We need to take care of our own back yard before we start working on others', IMHO....oh, wait, that's just what you said, isn't it :stunned: !

And, IMHO, I think it's a good thing that many of us are getting irate enough about the current state of things to rant.......it might not do much good, but at least we can get it off our chest and that helps (according to the wussie psychologist types :shocked: ). We ought to take a lesson from Howard Bealle, the ageing news anchor of the USB Network in the movie "Network":

"I don't have to tell you things are bad... It's a depression. Everybody's out of work or scared of losing their job. The dollar buys a nickel's worth. Banks are going bust. Shopkeepers keep a gun under the counter. Punks are running wild in the streets and there's no one anywhere who seems to know what to do with us...We sit in a house and slowly the world we're living in is getting smaller and all we say is, "Please don't leave us alone in our living rooms. Let me have my toaster, and TV, and my steel belted radials and I won't say anything." Well I'm not going to leave you alone. I want you to get mad. All I know is first you've got to get mad...So, I want you to get up right now and go to the window, open it, and stick your head out, and yell, "I'm mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!" Then will figure out what to do about about the depression, and the inflation and the oil crisis. But first, get up out of your chairs, open the window, stick your head out and yell. "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore!"

Sound familiar? That movie was released in 1976, not just yesterday.

"The more things change, the more they stay the same".

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Hopefully the message is slowly getting accross, below is part of a speech by former Australian Treasurer Peter Costello.

"If those are not your values, if you want a country that has Sharia law or a theocratic state, then Australia is not for you", he said on national television.

"Immigrants, not Australians must adapt. Take it or leave it. I am tired of this Nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians.

However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the "politically correct" crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others. I am not against immigration nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to Australia.

However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some who were born here, need to understand. The idea of Australia being a multicultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. As Australians we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle.

This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.

We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese or Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you want to become part of our society,...learn the language.

Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push but a fact because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.

We will accept your beliefs and will not question why, all we ask is that you accept ours and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us. If the Southern Cross offends you or you don't like a "Fair Go"
then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet.

We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change and we really don't care how you did things where you came from. By all means, keep your culture but do not force it on others.

This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining and griping about our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you to take advantage of one other great Australian freedom: THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.

If you are not happy here then LEAVE. We did not force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.

"I'd be saying to clerics who are teaching that there are two laws governing people in Australia, one the Australian law and another - the Islamic law. That is false. If you can't agree with parliamentary law, independent courts, democracy and would prefer Sharia law and have the opportunity to go to another country, which practices it, perhaps, then, that's a better option" Costello said.

Asked whether he meant radical clerics would be forced to leave, he said those with dual citizenship could possibly be asked to move to the other country.

Education minister Brendan Nelson later told reporters that Muslims who do not want to accept local values should " clear off "

"Basically, people who don't want to be Australians and they don't want to live by Australian values and understand them, well then they can basically clear off" he said. Separately Howard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nations mosques.

USA, EUROPE and CANADA....ARE YOU LISTENING??

Hi,

I wish one of the UK goverment ministers had the balls to say the same as Australian Treasurer Peter Costello.

Jerry

Back