Light weight, low cost adjustable anit-sway bar

Thought I would take a minute and show the sway bar setup I have decided to run. It is by speedway engineering. Uses 1 inch, 0.095 wall tube with splines on the end, and aluminum ends that can be drilled at any hole spacing that you want. The setup is lighter then a typical solid bar setup and can be easily changed through wall thinkness or location of down links.

Attachments

• 33936-swaybar.jpg
    33936-swaybar.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 334
Hey Gary, That really looks great. The only thing that needs to change is the color of those bundle of snakes. They need to be dark in color if you know what I mean. Joe /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

That looks pretty similar to a sprint-car setup that I've decided to buy from my local speed shop. Do you mind posting a couple picks of the lower downlinks and how they attach to the suspension?

Re: Light weight, low cost adjustable anit-sway ba

They are stock CAV. The down links are steel with rod ends on each end (3/8"). At the bottom a steel short tube (boss) is welded to the A arm and is tapped for a 3/8" bolt. This is the best picture I have.

Attachments

• 33978-rearshot.jpg
    33978-rearshot.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 327

Gary,

I see you are actually able to run that carb spacer. I would have bet it wouldn't fit under the glass. The car looks great. Have you been able to take it out and run it yet?

Kevin

Yes it will fit. I lowered the motor such that the bottom of the AR oil pan is flush with the bottom of the car. I do have a flow through top K&N filter, but I wonder what the trade offs are for a 1" versus 2" (mine) spacer versus a 1" taller cleaner. I have only taken it up and down the driveway as I am waiting for the registration to clear in Virginia. It is kind of neat to look in the rear view mirror and be looking under the carb (and around) but over the manifold.

One other thing the bar (made to custom length) and the aluminium end links are only about $150. I used energy suspension polyurethane bushings, but Speedway Engineering also offers solid aluminium mounts.

Though more expensive your unit looks very similar to the JBL cocpit adjustable unit seen here:
962543JBLSeftrear.jpg

962544JBLSusp.Adjuster.jpg

Back