Lola and car setup

I went to the tour of the Lola works last week. Very interesting and not stupid.

Something of particular interest was the 7 post setup rig. This holds the chassis down and exercises the wheels in any pattern you like to achieve the best possible suspension setup. They normally take it through a sweep of frequencies rather than emulate a real circuit (which can be mimicked). If the tyres stay rooted to the 'ground' you have your setup. You can adjust dampers, springs etc to get to the best compromise. Anyway I am sure all the GTD sprint guys are aware of this type of device.

The cost of a day is £1500 which is too steep for me and many individuals (more than one day might be needed) but there must be many GTD owners (mine is a GTD) with a pretty standard setup. If we clubbed together we could have one car tested to provide a benchmark which would work for all. Not sure this is really practical or has obvious flaws - just flying a kite after becoming enthused by the visit!!

Image follows (none of the device - photographs inside were naturally prohibited)

Attachments

• 01.Lola2006 064.jpg
    01.Lola2006 064.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 379
Last edited:
Back