Lola GT MK6 Early Photos

Other than the couple of photos from the introduction at the Racing Car Show, these photos from Silverstone Trophy race May 11th are the earliest photos prior to running Le Mans. I was interesting to see the original configuration.

Photos courtesy of Revs Institute® Archives, George Phillips Collection.

regards,
jim p

Attachments

Michel actually I went back & looked there may be as many as 10. A couple that are hard to tell for sure LOL But it sure shows the dominance of Lotus (number of cars in the field) in the class at that time. The smaller engined cars were often more adgile in the turns & baking over the heavier V8 cars in the early days. Until the technology caught up. Looks like the Gt started pretty well back in the fiend. It certainly could be interesting if somebody would make a replica though.

Neil

Here are a couple of pictures of the Lola M6GT at the Nurburgring in 1963. This car was the direct ancestor of the Ford GT40.

I've attached .wav files of a tape recording that I made during the race. The track announcers are in German and English. I'll bet no one has ever heard this before. I used the whole recording for the audio track on my YouTube Manta Mirage build diary. Enjoy.

Regards, Neil Tucson, AZ

Neil

Here are a couple of pictures of the Lola M6GT at the Nurburgring in 1963. This car was the direct ancestor of the Ford GT40.

I've attached .wav files of a tape recording that I made during the race. The track announcers are in German and English. I'll bet no one has ever heard this before. I used the whole recording for the audio track on my YouTube Manta Mirage build diary. Enjoy.

Regards, Neil Tucson, AZ

Here are the attachments (I hope)

Regards, Neil Tucson, AZ

Attachments

Last edited: