Lola One Off

Johan: Above car is Lola T-70 kit-version of two college guys back in mid 70s from Illinois. I had for 3-4 years. Was over-powered with 750 HP, 3/4 ISKY Cam and solid lifters. Did "wheelies" and no speedometer. A BEAST...

Johan: No, I'm sorry I do not have other pictures to my loss. Same time I had Dino 246 Ferrari and didn't do much with LOLA. Drove on weekends and Sundays....purchased as "a lark" for fun....The new RCR LOLA one-off is it's replacement and will nurture more carefully.

Johan: No, I'm sorry I do not have other pictures to my loss. Same time I had Dino 246 Ferrari and didn't do much with LOLA. Drove on weekends and Sundays....purchased as "a lark" for fun....The new RCR LOLA one-off is it's replacement and will nurture more carefully.

Last edited:
How do you know it was a kit and not an original ? It is practically impossible to get a Lola to sit just right like that unless original pieces were used and in 1975 a real t70 would be cheaper than trying to re-create one from scratch.

Johan: I was able to dig up this second pic of "front on" LOLA. Hope it comes out OK here from 8X10 big size. You may be correct about "original" as I recall the chassis was all black and a stainless Chassis plate with LOLA emblem and numbers etc. Also had original HEWLAND 4-speed Trans. Right hand-drive tank was converted to "glove-box". Now that I think about it, you are more correct than I am. Was 4/5th original.

Attachments

• Lola my old front view 2nd.jpg
    Lola my old front view 2nd.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 567
Could be this car with a headlight nose fitted.
Bridgehampton-1968-05-19-071.jpg

attachment.php

Attachments

• Lola%20My%20Old.jpg
    Lola%20My%20Old.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 508
Last edited by a moderator:
Johan: Anything is possible, however, note vertical drop down of front air-flow system in Blue photo. My car was smoothly sloping upward. NOTE: rear wheel welds and sharp corner rear-end as opposed to majority of T-70s with "smooth" corners..That is very close to your Blue photo..

Well then, it begs to be asked from whom did you buy it and to whom did you sell it ? MAYBE IT IS SITTING IN A BARN SOMEPLACE WITH A BLOWN RADIATOR HOSE. That can happen you know.

THREE DIFFERENT REARS: Note black and white photo of typical LOLA T-70 smooth rear corners. Note my original LOLA with extended wide wheel wells and sharper back corners. Note RCR LOLA "one-off" incorporating three different cars in one, THUS, "The Car that LOLA never built".

Attachments

• Lola spin out rear.jpg
    Lola spin out rear.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 527
  • Lola My Old.jpg
    Lola My Old.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 515
  • TRACK Rear side & checker truck.jpg
    TRACK Rear side & checker truck.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 525
JOHAN: You are taxing an old guys memory here. It was 30+ years ago. See above for where came from (Illinois college guys). Car was their "project" and I purchased for $18,500 as I recall. Obvious to me now, that they could NOT have built chassis but had made numerous "alterations" which made it clear (at the time) to me that this was NOT an "original" as standing car. Hell, I'd pay $18K just for the LOLA hood emblem today. Anyway, kept for 3-4 years and did very little to car (new mufflers, battery, alternator etc..) Car came with rain-slicks on rear and never bought new tires. SOLD to a Doctor I believe in South Carolina. He sent big cross-country enclosed rig to pick up the car with check for $29K. Last I saw or heard from it. Nostalgia setting in as years go by, I contact Fran Hall at RCR and after "extensive" chatting and "my suggestions", Fran believed we could create a "new LOLA look" with front-end of MIIIb Coupe (longer-lower), regular passanger section (with widening) and "creatively designed" MIIIb-type rear to balance entended front in format of "Spyder". What is you fascination with old LOLA?

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
LOLA one-off;196705 What is you fascination with old LOLA?[/quote said:
Johan is trying to establish whether it is a 'known' car or whether it is lying in a barn with a blown radiator hose.....

Someone asked this question in another thread:-

"Is it still possible to find a relatively unmolested T70 in a barn that has not seen the light of day in over 25 years ?
Your opinions please !"

And the immediate reaction was no. So I would say that there is absolutely no chance of that sort of thing happening this century!!!!:lol:

Cheers

Ron Earp

Admin
Hi John,

you might want to search the forum for Lola Barn Find and I think you'll find your answer about Johan's interest in old Lolas. He owns a few.

Ron

LOLA BARN FIND: I have lady friend who is "hanging out" with her ex-hubby in English countryside (he lives there) this summer. She has reported at least one "barn find" LOLA so far but have to confirm such sighting as she still thinks we are talking LOTUS.......
I personally don't do restoration work and have taken good care of my previously-owned cars. Should have placed them ALL in "that BARN" and would be way ahead of "the game" today instead of relying on the Stock Markets. Good luck on your search.................

LOLA build saga: See progress toward "historical idol"....

Attachments

• 3bspider012.jpg
    3bspider012.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 441
  • TRACK Front back double.jpg
    TRACK Front back double.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 442
  • T70-ADAC69-ch113.jpg
    T70-ADAC69-ch113.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 465
Back