Look at my new 40

I had a good Xmas!!

Attachments

• 49698-f40front.jpg
    49698-f40front.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 278
Standard at present, but not for very long.

Took it to Brands for a blast just before Christmas, not bad.

I'll be joining you guys this year without fail!

[ QUOTE ]
I'll be joining you guys this year without fail!

[/ QUOTE ]

On the Hills/circuits or Trackday? -

Also, note that the 'Factory Sports Exhaust' is normally too loud for Goodwood so check quoted output dB (75% rpm @ 0.5M) before parting with cash.

Again - Very nice! (I love Turbo Cars!) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'll see you on the hills and on the tracks!

I have 2 exhaust systems. 1 standard and 1 loud, so Goodwood won't be a problem.

And yes Paul, I too have finally learned to appreciate "turbo" performance!

Doesn't this post belong in the forum: GT40 Look-Alikes?

It's not a very accurate copy. Even the Bonito did a better job of emulating the GT40. The Bonito doesn't have a wing in back, popup headlights, or the silly prancing horse logo on the nose.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'll see you on the hills

[/ QUOTE ]

With this 40 in the FOC Club series or what ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably both GTD(if I'm allowed) and FOC!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Look forward to seeing you in the FOC series - do you have/need details ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Haven't even joined yet.

Will do so shortly.

Its more likely that I'd enter sprints and hill climbs through the GTD club, a good bunch of guys I've known for a while now. Finally I can come and join the fun.

JP,
Nice to see you back. Congratulations on the present. Can you tell me where I can find a wife that will buy me one of those /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Brett

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Brett,

I got an "ex" that'll buy you one. I pay her enough /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Take her, please /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Malcolm

Supporter
JP, absolutely you can enter the hill climb and sprints via the GTD club. Most welcome. Of course I guarantee you won't win the GTD40 club trophies as you need a GT40 or replica (that isn't a Bonito look alike) for that! It will be fun having you there. You are on an A license now anyway so why not get some slicks while you're at it.

Jesus James what have you done to your 40 it now looks like a bloody ferrari, Fair play to you for sucking up to santa if this is what he left you in your stocking.Please come out and play with us (hey we are all running v8s) Perhaps this will start the TURBO revulution.
I must go as i feel much more work is required in the garage to bring the GTD R42 up to spec (back to the drawing board) where did i put those bloody turbos ???

Dave, being as your 42 has just about twice the capacity of JP's new toy - Will you be fitting twice as many turbo's too? say 4 x T2.5s?

Still - if ever you were strapped for power, you can always hit the newly fitted NOS BUTTON!

(I fear the Derek Bell / Quaife gearbox conversion will be getting a good thrashing this season!) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Dave, being as your 42 has just about twice the capacity of JP's new toy - Will you be fitting twice as many turbo's too? say 4 x T2.5s?

Still - if ever you were strapped for power, you can always hit the newly fitted NOS BUTTON!

(I fear the Derek Bell / Quaife gearbox conversion will be getting a good thrashing this season!) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do I always get the feeling I'll never have enough power!?

Does this mean you've abandoned the MDA? Things went very quiet after it went bang just before the Brighton speed trials and I was wondering what has happened since?

[ QUOTE ]
Does this mean you've abandoned the MDA? Things went very quiet after it went bang just before the Brighton speed trials and I was wondering what has happened since?

[/ QUOTE ]

My MDA was bought back is now the MDA demonstrator.

Keith

Probably none of my business, but I am curious as to why, after all the work and worry you put in???

[ QUOTE ]
Probably none of my business, but I am curious as to why, after all the work and worry you put in???

[/ QUOTE ]

I ran out of time and patience.

Back