LS3 376/480 Oil Pan Conversion

Just received my LS3 376/480 for the coupe. It came from GM with the Camaro oil pan (for some odd reason they will not sell one with Corvette oil pan, go figure). So I have to convert the oil pan and the oil pickup to the Corvette units (PN 12624617 & 12580855).

The question is the oil pump. Is the oil pump compatible with the Corvette oil pan and the Corvette oil pickup unit? Hate to have buy the oil pump as well.

Anyone using the LS3 376/480?

Bringing this back from the dead because I know a lot of you are using the 480/525 crate engine that now comes with the camaro pan rather than Corvette that was originally used on it.

Is the swap just change the oil pan, oil pickup tube, windage tray, dipstick an dipstick tube and that's it?

i.e., this has everything one needs
http://www.improvedracing.com/oil-p...n-swap-kit-for-ls2-ls3-c6-corvette-p-381.html

Or was it later found out that no, need to also change other stuff like the pump?

Alex

I got my pan from GM and as I recall it was a simple swap. I did not have to change the pump. Pan, gasket, drip pan, pick up and I think dip stick. Can’t remember on the stick for sure.....it was a while back.

Joel K

Supporter
Bringing this back from the dead because I know a lot of you are using the 480/525 crate engine that now comes with the camaro pan rather than Corvette that was originally used on it.

Is the swap just change the oil pan, oil pickup tube, windage tray, dipstick an dipstick tube and that's it?

i.e., this has everything one needs
http://www.improvedracing.com/oil-p...n-swap-kit-for-ls2-ls3-c6-corvette-p-381.html

Or was it later found out that no, need to also change other stuff like the pump?

Hi Alex,

I have all these parts brand new and now not going with an LS3, if you want to save $100 I’ll sell you the pan, bolts, gasket, dip stick, and dip stick tube, pickup tube.

I can send you pics of these parts. Also have like new LS7 exhaust headers if interested.

Thanks

I had the Mast oil pan and it was great because I didn't have to modify anything to mate the LS3 to the Graz..... BUT Allan pointed out when he got the car that, unfortunately, the oil pan hangs below the frame so he put Improved Racing pan for me.

I’m running the Improved Racing oil pan with the additional baffles and scraper. I whacked the forward prop shaft splines on my Graziano in lieu of grinding the pan.

OnYMfUx.jpg

Back