LS3 SPEED sensor to Riccardo Transaxle

Has anybody done it? Wondering if it works
My car will stall sometimes coming off an exit ramp - was toldit was because the engine doesn't get a speed reading.
Under the car today I found the speed connector not too far from the transaxle. Was going to plumb it up and see if it works.
Thought I might check before doing something stupid.

Thanks

Del recently did something similar by putting a reluctor ring on the axle and installing a sensor that he then hooked up into the VSS - I believe you're running an LS motor? I think his solution used off-the-shelf parts without much fab work.

Check out post #98.

Ken Roberts

Supporter
I have mine wired up on my Ricardo and plan to use it. I just haven't figured out the pulse count yet for each revolution of the tire. It's just a matter of removing the sensor and looking in and counting the number of teeth that pass the sensor hole for each revolution of the tire. The connector is part # S699 by Standard Motor Products.

Thanks Cam! It made alot of difference in it surging and stalling out. It's not a perfect fix, maybe 90% better. I believe the dyno tune will fix the last little bit.

Looks like Ken has a better solution though for your transaxle.

Jared V

Supporter
The VSS is mandatory on the LT4 gen 5 motor. We used reluctor ring on axle with GM sensor. I believe adjustments can be made by a competent tuner as long as a signal is present. 40 pulse ring is what I recall. Using something in the trans would be more elegant. Check with the folks using Gen 5 LT4 because they would have figured out a solution.

Back