LSD with automatic locking diff for Audi transaxles

I am looking for opinions on the following LSD unit.

The unit works in a similar way to the Torsen type BUT it has a built in 80% locking system. Judging opinion from many www motorsport forums the main problem with current torsen type LSD is when traction is lost on one wheel, the diff in effect loses drive from one side as it transfers torque to the opposite side.
This LSD has the benefit of progressively locking the wheel with lost traction and keeping both wheels driving.

I am told they are currently in production for various OE applications including Lotus and pic is for a Hewland trans.Porsche,Ferrari and Lamborghini application have apparently already been made.

Audi units can be made in small quantities but pricewise they are quite high at around the 1150.00 GBP mark, hence the opinion gathering as to whether the high price would justify any possible benefits ?

Thanks for your time.
d8_1_sbl.JPG

Mark,
Just as a matter of interest, there`s a new generation LSD unit in testing at the moment (and looking good so far) that has pretty much all the advantages of the Torsen/ATB and plate diffs combined, but with none of the pitfalls of either. It can be built with a degree of adjustment at it`s initial set up, will be stronger than a Torsen and will require less maintenance than a plate, and best of all, the price will be right (come on down!)/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Nothing is 100% proven as of yet but depending on how the tests go it should become available in a couple of fitments some time next year, if it all works out OK I`ll be trying to get at least the Audis covered.

Back