Mclaren F1 *replica*

Bjorn, can you tell us more about the car you are designing/ building? Do you have any photos? It sounds very interesting indeed.

I know a few guys have the contact details for this chap, but i don't know how willing they would be to give them up!? I think there is a slight concern that McLaren may go after him for this replica, but I could be wrong. I don't see how they could if it is for personal use and is effectively completely different (steel chassis etc).

Italo, sorry for the slow reply, I have been on holiday! Sunny Barbados :D

I like the 908/10 but i would prefer something modern, you will have seen my F40 thread on PH no doubt!

Hi Dom
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>
My Mclaren will be one off and it will be a reproduction of the real car and not a replica so to say. This is my dream car and I really wish that I have the money to purchase the real thing but this is impossible so therefore will I build one to my self J<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
I will try to build it so close I can to the real car, but I will use the m3 V8 or the M5 v10 instead. I will use radial mounted brakes and center mounted dampers so it will differ from the chassis perspective but body vise I want it to be as close as possible to the original. I have already all the original lamps and mirrors in the work shop today.<o:p></o:p>
The chassis will be center drive with the center part of the chassis in Carbone fiber and sub frames in aluminum. This project will be my second car from scratch. The first car was own design with carbon bodywork and aluminum chassis everything hand made… Do I need to say that I am car manic …hahaha<o:p></o:p>
I really would appreciate if you talk with your guys that knows the builder, even if he don’t want to sell anything it would be grate to have a fellow builder that is make the same serious attempt as I will try to do. It all ways good to get some coaching when needed and trust me it will J<o:p></o:p>
I will send some pictures to you due that that I want to keep a low profile. What is your mail address ?<o:p></o:p>
Have a grate day
Best regards<o:p></o:p>
Björn<o:p></o:p>

Hi Dom <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
I did replay to yours mail as well. Don’t know if you answer me due to some problems with my mail <?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"><v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></v:path><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shapetype><v:shape id=_x0000_i1025 style="WIDTH: 24.75pt; HEIGHT: 24pt" alt="0" type="#_x0000_t75"><v:imagedata o:href="http://www.gt40s.com/forum/images/smilies/furious.gif" src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\bpex\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_image001.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape><v:shape id=_x0000_i1026 style="WIDTH: 11.25pt; HEIGHT: 11.25pt" alt="0" type="#_x0000_t75"><v:imagedata o:href="http://www.gt40s.com/forum/images/smilies/drunk.gif" src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\bpex\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_image002.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape> <o:p></o:p>
I hope that you are getting better and that I hear from you soon again<o:p></o:p>
Best Regards<o:p></o:p>
Björn<o:p></o:p>

Hi all

Just want to share this one :shy:

f1_skala_rev2.jpg

Hi all <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
Have any one some news regading the <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region><st1:place>UK</st1:place></st1:country-region> builder? Would be intersting to see how his cars is progresing.<o:p></o:p>
I hope to get my chassie together soon so that I can consentrate on making the 1:1 modell<o:p></o:p>
I will post pictures of the 1:4 modell soon <o:p></o:p>
BR<o:p></o:p>

Back