Megaphone exhaust

Trond

Lifetime Supporter
Hi

Does anyone now where to get the coned megaphone "original style" end pipes for the exhaust? Without any mufflers, just straight out?

I have tried to find someone who can make theese, but it has not been succesfull so far.

Best regards
Trond

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Ditto Burns. All custom, can be done without the mufflers, such as they are!

Attachments

• Engine08c.jpg
    Engine08c.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 673
  • Engine08d.jpg
    Engine08d.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 643
Last edited:
Neal, the header pipes are 1.75 inch diameter, the tail pipes are tapered. A special baffled insert is fitted internally for road use, otherwise they are removable and its all noise !

Oh yeah. I really like those Burns pipes. Is that a chrome or polished finish?
Can you give us a ballpark price?

Thanks

Mike

We have the original spec parts on the shelf in 304 stainless.

check Cushman Competition for more details

Attachments

• GE Headers 002.jpg
    GE Headers 002.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 617
  • GE Headers 006.jpg
    GE Headers 006.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 468
  • 3-2-9 012.jpg
    3-2-9 012.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 501
  • GE Headers 004.jpg
    GE Headers 004.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 476

Malcolm

Supporter
I have just put these onto my car. The megaphones were 2 inches at the small end and 4 inches at the big end. I think in reality 4 inches is a bit big but the other options were too small. Remember these are off the shelf items not cutom expensive pipes. But the quality of welding and material thickness is very good. We trimmed the small end to match a pair of collectors and to reduce the over all length to what suited the car and still able to open the rear deck. At present they are not yet coated but will be when I send off my other exhaust sytem at the same time. Mick Sollis at Southern GT supplied my collectors. I got the link for the megaphones from another thread here on the forum but this morning haven't been able to find it. It wasn't Burns Stainless though and they cost a huge $50 a pair! We got 4 sets back to the UK for about £150 via hand luggage!

The noise is outrageously glorious! Quite a different sound to running just primary pipes. Not that there are many places where you can run them in the UK but we have found a track day at Donnington in September where we plan to run them.

This picture is one where we just pushed the system all together and is nowhere near the finished article but is the only picture I currently have at the right size for Forum posting. Now they are properly aligned and welded up with Lambda bosses included. About £250 all in.

Attachments

• IMG_8520.JPG
    IMG_8520.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 604
Back