Men Only Club?

Looking at some of the recent locker-room humor on the forum, I started to wonder are there any women on this forum?

I've noticed a few folks mention that their wives drive their cars (how long until Malcom's wife is faster than he is?), but they don't appear to partcipate online.

Did we scare them away?

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
All this time I thought this was the 'gay 40's' website /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I've noticed a few folks mention that their wives drive their cars (how long until Malcom's wife is faster than he is?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Checkout <font color="blue"> </font> Brighton Results <font color="black"> </font> for 2001 - /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Just yanking yer chain Malc /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Speaking of 1/4 mile. My aluminium welder /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif and occasional beer buddy is:
http://www.larrymcbride.com/

* Best 1/4 mile: 5.88 seconds - 243.59 mph (Dinwiddie, VA 2003)
* Best 1/8 mile: 3.877 seconds - 218.20 mph (Dinwiddie, VA 2003)
* Best 60 feet: 1.007 seconds - (Brainard, MN 2003)

The front tire does not rotate until past half track! Cajones!
03stlouis_gal02.jpg

El Cajones indeed!!

I figure the large rear is a storage box for the riders brains - just before he gets on! - very brave.

Looking at bike spec...
Whipple "Screw Charger"
2.4 compression ratio

What does this mean? is it saying he runs 2.4Bar of boost? if not, what sort of boost would he be running?

I used to follow drag racing regularly over here years ago - the smell and noise that the top fuellers make is something you never forget. The motors always sound seriously angry, as though they are about to explode! - but there again I guess they probably are...

It is a whipple supercharger, but I am not sure what the CR would be. I will have to ask him next time I see him. The 2.5 bar sounds about right.

Spiderman Mcbride is the baddest dude out there.....

Having built/raced and sponsored some pretty high end bikes this guy gets more respect than anyone out there....

As David Hobbs often says....BIG BRASS ONES

Malcolm

Supporter
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've noticed a few folks mention that their wives drive their cars (how long until Malcom's wife is faster than he is?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Checkout <font color="blue"> </font> Brighton Results <font color="black"> </font> for 2001 - /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Just yanking yer chain Malc /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Trying to remember my excuse for that one! Maybe she was wearing my lucky underpants that day so the clucth pinged on me and not her? I think we are now 1-1 at Brighton in the 40 but I am winning 2-0 in her 51. Clutch now needs changing in that too. Roll on 2005 as both of us plan to go again in September. See if Paul and Roy can better their 64 ft time this year...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

LOL, the fairer sex isn't quite as faint of heart as all that!
I don't post much, since my GT40 ownership is restricted to that of die-cast variety. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Gary,

are the top fuel bikes going to be running at BIR this summer. I noticed they are going to sell our beloved track here. I won't know what to do if they are purchased and turned into a shopping center. Rumors are running rampent here.
Maybe your buddy McBride would know.
I know attendance is low for the bikes but it is a blast because you get to meet all the racers. It's like a family.
I guess we will have to watch racing over in Cheese Country. Wisconsin
How do we save Brainerd International Raceway. Alas, I knew it well.
Steve /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

McBride Does It Again!
By: Jack Korpela

"For the second time this season Larry "Spiderman" McBride eclipsed the world record for the quickest drag bike run of-all-time. The feat was accomplished in the final round of the Brainerd International Raceway Big Race where McBride defeated nemesis Ron Webb with an astounding 5.883 at 242 mph".

I was there. I was standing to the left and back about fifty feet of his bike when it took off. The ground shook. It was awesome. I turned around and my wife had turned and run away. She thought it was going to blow up. So she took cover. AWESOME NOISE. What fun. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Welcome Lesley, you are not the only one here with models only.
Steve /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Back