Mendeola

.....Do you think the SL-C with a LS7 and this could be set up to do under 3 sec 0-60 (assuming you can get the traction of course...) and 200+ mph?
0-60 under 3 seconds is a difficult task for any car to do, and even more so for a streetable car with 2WD. The SLC has plenty of power and light weight for that kind of acceleration, but just not enough traction. This is the same problem with the SLC. A light car with very wide tires has a very small longitudinal contact patch to transfer forward thrust with. The wide track is good for lateral transfer in cornering, but it hurts somewhat with the forward acceleration. At least this is what was explained to me by my friend.
BT

There are many things to like about the Mendeola product, looked hard at waiting out the delivery lead time before "settling" <joke> on a Ricardo.

American made (for those of us that live in the US) Comes with a ''made for'' bell housing, the shift output, good looking, reasonable price. There are a few things not to like, lack of taller gear selection, but the major one is (was) the delivery time and the seeming inability to forecast any delivery date. I spoke to these guys years ago (and in between) about this box. I always got "It will be ready in three months".

It did not instill confidence.

It is great this box is finally now coming out the other end, and now people can plan to built new orders around the product. Maybe now they can say with sliver of merit "It will be ready in three months"

Would be a nice option.

Jeremy,
I have talked with Victor at Mendeola about it but currently they dont have the taller ratios available for high speed track work....but I was told they are working on it..

I agree it would be a much more effective solution ...and you could carry a spare just in case and still be ahead...

Sounds good, I hope they can make it work for us :anxious:. The price tag is great, fingers crossed they have the box done by the time we are ready to begin our 4 little projects :nice:.

Back