Mid mount 4.2 Audi

Hi all, new to the forum and although this isn’t a GT40 question I think you guys will have the answers I’m seeking, after being inspired by a concept in street machine for a Chevy LUV with a mid mounted 4.2 audi v8 and tranny, I’m seriously considering attempting this project with either a chev LUV or old Ford Courier ute, <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
The concept suggested using the factory chassis and mounting the audi A8 motor and transaxle to line up with factory rear wheel position, it suggested using the factory suspension arms, uprights etc, has anyone set up there 40’s like this? Are parts available to convert the factory audi front wheel drive set up to a irs rear? Also i’ve seen a few Aussies posting on the forum can anyone suggest a work shop which might be appropriate for the fabrication works.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
I know its’ a bit off topic and a long shot but hoping someone can help!<o:p></o:p>
Regard,<o:p></o:p>
Sam<o:p></o:p>

If you plan on road registering this ute you might want to talk to an engineer first before you do anything.
Unless its just for track use.

I wouldnt use audi front suspension in the rear I would go with a Toyota , nissan type rear upright,the audi upright is tall and the upper arms will be higher than the rear chassis rails.

All the work will be in the suspension area.
The engine trans will just sit in a frame.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Back