Mid Rise Scissor Lift

Davidmgbv8

Supporter
Building a Southern GT40. Looking at scissor lifts however it appears that most are 4- 5/16" to 4-3/4 height. I did not want to put one in the floor. Is the GT40 just too low for these? Any thoughts out there?

Phil G

Supporter
Yes it is a bit too low so I just ran a 2x4 with some ramp ends attached. The back piece is rubber and stops it from sliding.

Attachments

• 216AA976-DB36-43B1-B96E-8BC1CC009405_4_5005_c.jpeg
    216AA976-DB36-43B1-B96E-8BC1CC009405_4_5005_c.jpeg
    26.2 KB · Views: 249

Scott

Lifetime Supporter
I dropped mine into the floor and I love it. Drive anything onto it and simply lift. When you're not using it, you basically gain a parking space. You also don't have to worry about tripping over the hydraulic lines or balance lines. If it's your house and you'll be there a while, I'd consider dropping it into the floor. A pain in the ass, but 2-3 guys can do it over a long weekend if you rent a gas-powered masonry saw to plug cut the floor.

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I just ordered one of these. Should be here by Christmas .

They make a model that mounts above ground and has small ramps on the ends also.

Regards Brian

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
I just ordered one of these. Should be here by Christmas .

They make a model that mounts above ground and has small ramps on the ends also.

Regards Brian

Wow! $9K!
As I recall, that's roughly what I paid for my double-wide BendPak about 7(?) years ago!
I'm now at the stage in life were I understand why my grand father was upset about the cost of things in his twilight years... ;-)

All that said, if I knew where I could get a genuinely waterproof scissor lift, I'd get one. 'Would sure make power washing undercarriages much quicker and easier...

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Larry, that lift was $6170.00 in May. This whole Covid thing has driven prices through the roof.

Regards Brian

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
I have a 6k mid rise scissor lift and built a pair of ramps from 2x4 to drive over and retain the parking space for low ground clearance vehicles. I have a 4 post lift as well, but the mid rise has truly been the most useful addition to the garage I have made.

Back