Mike S. SLC

Here's a tip; if you do install a back-up camera, be sure to install some back-up lights at the same time. Unless you go with a infer-red camera (pretty pricey) it will be impossible see at night.

Jim - I was referring to a full time rear camera. They are not as expensive as I once thought. Dean did one in his car and I've web searched several others. They are used/sold a lot for large RV's that want a good view of what's behind them.

Jim - I was referring to a full time rear camera. They are not as expensive as I once thought. Dean did one in his car and I've web searched several others. They are used/sold a lot for large RV's that want a good view of what's behind them.

I had a full time camera some years ago when I had RV's; I sort of disregarded them because they were so huge and I figured that they would not fit in the SLC. I'll have to revisit them and see if modern technology shrunk them down any.

Thanks Mike,

Jim

Figured to post some interior & engine bay pictures. This is a straight forward street build. The only thing I splurged on was a Racelogic traction control unit and moveable foot pedal mount.

Now to rearrange my garage - my car lift will be picked up today and hopefully operational by tonight - :thumbsup:

Attachments

• IMG_1.JPG
    IMG_1.JPG
    176.6 KB · Views: 520
  • IMG_2.JPG
    IMG_2.JPG
    215.3 KB · Views: 476
  • IMG_3.JPG
    IMG_3.JPG
    181.8 KB · Views: 485
  • IMG_4.JPG
    IMG_4.JPG
    223.5 KB · Views: 503
  • IMG_5.JPG
    IMG_5.JPG
    181.3 KB · Views: 494
2nd batch

Attachments

• IMG_6.JPG
    IMG_6.JPG
    197.4 KB · Views: 448
  • IMG_7.JPG
    IMG_7.JPG
    202.4 KB · Views: 422
  • IMG_8.JPG
    IMG_8.JPG
    199.4 KB · Views: 402
  • IMG_9.JPG
    IMG_9.JPG
    237.9 KB · Views: 412
  • IMG_10.JPG
    IMG_10.JPG
    238.9 KB · Views: 405
Pics look great Mike. Question, on the last pic of the 'first batch' you just uploaded it looks like the rear window has the black paint border and then a second border. Can you explain or provide more detail? I like the look!

Ken Roberts

Supporter
Pictures look great Mike. I don't recommend using 3/8" fuel hose for the PCV system though. It tends to collapse under vacuum.

Pictures look great Mike. I don't recommend using 3/8" fuel hose for the PCV system though. It tends to collapse under vacuum.

Ken - good eyeballs. I never thought hose collapse. I have a moroso PCV air/oil vapor separator left over from my other car, which I'm going to hook up to the SLC. It comes from moroso with regular rubber hose....hmmm. Do you know how much vacuum we're talking about. I'll check into it --- Thanks - Mike.

Got a new garage tool today. They weren't kidding about having it on it's own circuit with a 25 amp breaker. Turned on for a milli-second and poof.... darkness. Oh well -- something else to do.

Attachments

• IMG_3452.JPG
    IMG_3452.JPG
    204.5 KB · Views: 366
  • IMG_3453.JPG
    IMG_3453.JPG
    163.4 KB · Views: 338

Dave Lindemann

Lifetime Supporter
Mike - Nice looking lift! If that unit is the only load on the circuit you'll need a 31.25 amp breaker if it's a 25 amp load - or a 25 amp breaker if that's what is specified. Then there's the wiring....do you have a good electrician? Sometimes these things are more complicated than anticipated......

Dave L

After reading Yos's thread on steering wheels - I had to look into it. I used the Grant 4009 momo to grant adapter and the wheel is the Momo R1988/32s Racing - MOD88.

This wheel feels right!

Attachments

• IMG_3460.JPG
    IMG_3460.JPG
    258.1 KB · Views: 411
  • IMG_3461.JPG
    IMG_3461.JPG
    277.2 KB · Views: 338
Mike - Nice looking lift! If that unit is the only load on the circuit you'll need a 31.25 amp breaker if it's a 25 amp load - or a 25 amp breaker if that's what is specified. Then there's the wiring....do you have a good electrician? Sometimes these things are more complicated than anticipated......

Dave L

Put in a dedicated 30amp line in the garage -- lift works fine. I plan to park over the lift - so this weekend I'll build wood ramps to park and clear the lift. The ramps only need to be about 5.5 to 6" high. The lowest point of the vehicle is the dropped floors under the seat area -- not much clearance under these cars.

Put in a dedicated 30amp line in the garage -- lift works fine. I plan to park over the lift - so this weekend I'll build wood ramps to park and clear the lift. The ramps only need to be about 5.5 to 6" high. The lowest point of the vehicle is the dropped floors under the seat area -- not much clearance under these cars.

You'll need pretty long ramps. about 9.5 degrees is all you can hope for
unless you have the front lift kit.

You'll need pretty long ramps. about 9.5 degrees is all you can hope for
unless you have the front lift kit.

You got that right. I have 5.5' alum. ramps that will be detachable/pinned. The base/platforms I'll make this weekend. I do not have the front lift kit.
Thanks for the heads-up.

Hello Mike could you add some pictures of your seats and the make of them ?
Thanks

The seats are factory five GTM II seats (the gen I seats may have some FFR badging IIRC-- the gen II seats do not). They really need harness cut outs though. I can get pics this weekend when I have decent lighting in the garage.

For Sale: multiple old floor jacks.... kidding. This thing is awesome--

Attachments

• IMG_3483.jpg
    IMG_3483.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 328
Back