Moderation and the Forum

Ron

You have my vote. There are so many forums full of BS out there - we don't need another.

Cheers.

Rob

Keep forum as is. I much prefer the current format over the high noise levels on other forums. I find the forum very useful. People can use the off topics area for BSing.

Ron:
You may remember that two weeks ago I kidnaped a neighbors teenager to get me e-mail and teach me how to post here. Then Rick Merz was kind enough to teach me by phone how to post pictures.

From what I read above it appears that your 'moderating style' may have ruined me for all other Forums. One never forgets their first experience...even if they are ruined for all others.

Thanks, and great job IMHO!

Regards, Buzz

This is the best internet forum I've had the pleasure of being associated with, and I see no need for significant change. We should continue to encourage people to use their real names, post topics in the appropriate category, and make good use of the search function. It is human nature that threads will wander off topic and it would be foolhardy to try to reign that in through moderation.

Moderation in all things...except moderation. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ron,

This is not only a friendly place but a priceless tool for the less cultivate people. It works fine both ways. Please do not change a word.

Javier

I like it the way it is... I've been on several other car forums and they can quickly fall into complete chaos without some moderator activity... The only forums I end up staying at are those that have the more professional touch... where you can post to have fun, but at the same time you don't have to wade through tons of crap to get to good information.

John

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
For those that think we are uptight, trust me, I frequent a site that makes this site look like a '60s hippie commune. There are a few here that know which site I am talking about. They warn you to read their rules, but if you are "New Meat" (an official designation) and you don't put everything in your post just so and don't spell/grammar check your posting, you are just as likely to get thrown off as answered. But, that only happens after several of the long time members just beat the sh!t out of you verbally, put bots out looking for your name, screen name, tracking links, etc., then tell you everything you ever did on the net (which can sometimes be embarassing.:) And these guys are motor heads!

I think the way this forum is run is a really great compromise between the "Forum Nazis" and the "What Ever Makes Your Dough Rise" types. I think the member numbers, especially the active numbers, tell the whole story. Hersh was spot on when he said, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

Regards,
Lynn

Ron,

This forum is great just the way you are running it. Besides, do we realy want the sort of members who want to go by the name of "Great Flying Stud" or some other nonsense? I think you have attracted an exceptional bunch of people here, keep it up.

Kevin

The fact that Ron asked the memberships opinion is just another indication of the type of Forum this is...
Entertaining as well as informative...in a professionsal and courteous manner.

MikeD

MikeD

[ QUOTE ]
Ron,

Besides, do we realy want the sort of members who want to go by the name of "Great Flying Stud" Kevin

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally, I'd never use that kind of name. I can't fly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Earl,

Flying lessons are cheap, there's still time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Besides, if you are going to drive one of these cars, a pilot's licence might be more appropriate. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Kevin

Well, as a paying member and a member since day 1 (as well
as a member of the original GT40s.com board) I say leave
it as it is.

The level of moderation is adequate IMHO, and the rule about
using your real name is not a big deal (unless you have
something to hide /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif ).

I also belong ot other boards and discussion groups, and this
one by far is the most grounded, well behaved, and informative.
Using this board as a research tool has helped many people,
and I'd hate to see it mangled. Even Meat, who was somewhat
chased off, but is still welcome to post, still lists this
site as one of the best. I'd be interested to hear what he
thinks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ian

Please don't change the forum. It is a breath of fresh air compaired to the others out there.

Ron,

For a person like me that talks "trash" all the time (outside this Forum), it is refreshing to be "self handcuffed" and FORCED to behave /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

We don't need people like THIS (below) on this Forum /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Attachments

• 34699-COP.JPG
    34699-COP.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 277
Hi Ron,

From the bottom end of of 'Darkest Africa' I've been 'checking you out' since I've joined up!

I've figured out that you and your wife (and your kid on your shoulders- not the other one!!!)are great, intelligent, sensitive and professionally qualified people. Some time ago someone used the expression, 'A really, nice typical American family'. Right!

I support all the above postings and messages of support - IT'S GREAT AS IT IS - NO NEED FOR CHANGE.

A recent message from Jimmy Price,
Other websites and forums are not so nice,
Stick to Ron's for fun and and good advice.

Made that up on the spur of the moment. I'll have to tell Jimmy in the morning!

Oh dear, childish waffle again!

Have fun,
Andre 40

Andre - Excellent!

Falli - jolly decent of you to offer to TOW that cruiser, I presume he had broken down and was lucky you happened to be passing.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Howard Jones

Supporter
Ron, Remember how many "core" members are really using this forum to build and or research building a GT40. In my mind that is what it is for. It works very well for that, keep it that way. I suspect most of the rest of the users of this forum are here for the same thing if only to observe the "work in progress".

You are doing a god job don't sweat the little stuff.

Thanks again, Howard Jones.

Back