My Florida Orange

This puppy will eventually be in Florida, but for now is being shipped to Utah where my friend with a shop is building it. I would love to build it myself, but I've been overseas for the last 2 years and plan on spending one more here (Maybe I'll build the next one...lol).

Up until now I've always owned a car that would look the same to someone that is color blind(ie it's either been black, white or something in between like grey, or silver). I was thinking about a Black SL-C, but Fran talked me into Orange (after seeing the orange one). This one is a bit brighter, but will follow a close color scheme to that of Fran's Orange one,, be it,, it will be black instead of dark grey (black trim/wheels),,, yes the wheels are just rollers (though new,, and dirt cheap).

Here are the Plans,
- LS3 Stroked to 416/418
- Griffin 6-speed w/LSD
- CF Interior

There are other plans my builder and I have, but you'll have to wait and see:pepper:. However, seeing how a picture is worth 1000 words, here are a few to munch on....

Here are some fresh off the mold

P2081310_640x480.jpg

P2081309_640x480.jpg

P2081308_640x480.jpg

..... and here are a few of it ready to roll on the truck (hoping Monday)

P1011573_640x480.jpg

P1011574_640x480.jpg

P1011572_640x480.jpg

That is definitely a cool looking color. Only a few cars can pull of a color like that and your roller even looks great in pictures.

Niiice, I love it, something louder than SLC yellow. they'll see and hear you coming from 5 miles away...

Zoey: When is yours going to show up?

Cam MacIsaac: Yes, flying under the radar just ain't gonna happen with this thing. "No officer, it was the other BRIGHT ORANGE supercar you saw speeding". No more can I cling next to cars that are flashier than mine while speeding hoping they will pull them over first.:policeman:

RX-Heven: It's a pretty good combo that seems only exotics and a few others can pull off, most cars look just plan silly in that color. The Lambo, Porsch GT3, Zonda and even a Mustang GT500 look good with the Orange/Black Combo,, and hey,, its already dressed for Halloween:vampire:

For the exhaust I'm thinking of installing a diverter valve for when I want to keep quiet around town, or when it's called for to open it up.

Benji: Fran has the right idea and the wheels, I'll be getting a set of Piano Black F14's from him in a little while.

molleur: As long as too many aren't in Tampa,, lol,, gotta keep it unique:laugh:

Hugger Z: Well, good thing is,, you know what it will look like in that color.

Craig T: Fran's Orange one was my inspiration, though mine will have a little more contrast between the orange and the black

As for everyone else,, thanks for the complements on the car. Kenny is planning on taking a lot of detailed pictures.

Last edited:

PLT-1

CURRENTLY BANNED
Congratulations! :thumbsup: Orange and black will look really good on your car. Hope to see it running around here soon.

Back