New Active Power Build in Dallas

Hey fellow car nuts,

I have an active power GT40 on order which should be ready to pick up in a couple of months. I have one of the 2 first longer versions of the chassis which is stretched 4" at the door. This is really my only option as I can't fit in any of the other GT's I've tried to sit in. Just too tall for them.

I will be building this using the Gen3 Coyote Aluminator engine with the Mendeola SDR5 gearbox. It's great to see the other builds here and I will probably be asking a lot of questions.

Rick

Ian Clark

Supporter
Welcome to the club Rick! Loads of "been there done that" and "here's what worked for me" expertise on the GT40s Forum. Looking forward to seeing your car come together.

Cheers
Ian

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome to GT40S Rick. Ian pretty much said it all. There’s a lot of experience on this forum. The build threads are full of ideas. Please start a build thread of your own. We would all like to follow your journey .

Regards Brian

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome to GT40s.com, Rick!
I'm just down the road from you a bit in Midlothian, TX. Please feel free to start a Build Log in the Build Logs forum!

Welcome to GT40s.com, Rick!
I'm just down the road from you a bit in Midlothian, TX. Please feel free to start a Build Log in the Build Logs forum!

Small world. I will be building the car at my shop in Cedar Hill, just up the road from Midlothian.
You may have seen me and/or some friends of mine in the area with our shelby cobras....

Vinny P

Supporter
Hey fellow car nuts,

I have an active power GT40 on order which should be ready to pick up in a couple of months. I have one of the 2 first longer versions of the chassis which is stretched 4" at the door. This is really my only option as I can't fit in any of the other GT's I've tried to sit in. Just too tall for them.

I will be building this using the Gen3 Coyote Aluminator engine with the Mendeola SDR5 gearbox. It's great to see the other builds here and I will probably be asking a lot of questions.

Rick
Welcome to GT40s I am new myself. I just ordered an RCR kit 2 weeks ago. They told me about 8 months wait time for mine. I decided to go with the 351/427 stroker with Borla 8 stack EFI 575HP and a ZF gearbox.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Small world. I will be building the car at my shop in Cedar Hill, just up the road from Midlothian.
You may have seen me and/or some friends of mine in the area with our shelby cobras....

I'll get in touch via PM.. Would be good to meet up!

Awesome congrats. I also just placed order with Chris s few weeks ago. Look forward to following your progress once start.
joe

just picked up my second chassis from Chris, he is a great guy to deal with

Attachments

• 102_3633.JPG
    102_3633.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 229
  • 102_3674.JPG
    102_3674.JPG
    92.9 KB · Views: 226
Back