New Coyote Intake Reverse

Hi All,

My first post of I'm sure plenty.....

My Pace GT is in the shed and I've been tinkering away on brakes, cooling, suspension in prep for the powerplant, a new crate Coyote that I picked up from my local Ford guys last week. Amongst other things I'm aquiring bolt ons like a/c compressor and alternator before I hoist the engine in for the first time. Any tips on the best places to get these bits or is it straight to the kit the Ford Performance offers?

The intake of course needs to be reversed and I have been told that this is possible on the gen 1 coyote and before I start removing mine, can anyone enlighten me on whether you can do the same on my 2017 engine.

Thanks

Ron McCall

Supporter
Alt and AC compressor should come from Ford. They are relatively inexpensive and of OEM quality. I don't believe that the 2017 intake can be reversed. You can either bolt on an earlier intake and reverse it or install an aftermarket intake such as the Ford Boss 302 or Cobra Jet. Keep in mind that the Cobra Jet intake is very tall and requires its larger oval throttle body.

Thanks Ken, yeah the stock one looks like interference with the coolant offtake would occur. I've been advised overnight by a wrecker in the US that the electics may not be compatible with the 2014 either. The problem in the short term is that the car must be engineered/1st registered as stock standard, then you might consider aftermarket changes ;-) I may look at modifying the cooler pipe.

Alt and AC compressor should come from Ford. They are relatively inexpensive and of OEM quality. I don't believe that the 2017 intake can be reversed. You can either bolt on an earlier intake and reverse it or install an aftermarket intake such as the Ford Boss 302 or Cobra Jet. Keep in mind that the Cobra Jet intake is very tall and requires its larger oval throttle body.
Are the 302 or Cobra Jet intakes reversible on a 2015 Gen 2 Coyote?

I have done a dry fit of the gen3 intake on the gen3 motor and it looks like the intake is hitting on the thermostat housing. I can add some pictures tomorrow, but wanted to see if anyone has been able to make this work with a gen3. thanks, jim

I suggest to Dan that he wait to sort it out, as there is some stuff changing with the emissions testing in Victoria. Suggested that he was better off focusing on what he could complete elsewhere on the build, and wait until the testing side of things had been firmed up a little. This was a few months back.

Downforce Motorsports has done a few 5.2 Aluminator builds on Superformance GT 40s, and they had reversed intakes that looked a lot like the old BOSS 302 intakes. I think Olthoff Racing does the work for him, maybe check with them. If I'm not mistaken the top side of the 5.2 Aluminator is the same as the current generation 5.0L Coyote.

This is the intake configuration I'm looking to do on my 5.0L Aluminator (discontinued).
1674102589837.png

Leonard L

Supporter
Downforce Motorsports has done a few 5.2 Aluminator builds on Superformance GT 40s, and they had reversed intakes that looked a lot like the old BOSS 302 intakes. I think Olthoff Racing does the work for him, maybe check with them. If I'm not mistaken the top side of the 5.2 Aluminator is the same as the current generation 5.0L Coyote.

This is the intake configuration I'm looking to do on my 5.0L Aluminator (discontinued).
View attachment 127317

Attachments

• 20230601_130821.jpg
    20230601_130821.jpg
    406.2 KB · Views: 71
  • 20230601_124318.jpg
    20230601_124318.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 69
  • 20230531_165006.jpg
    20230531_165006.jpg
    446.4 KB · Views: 76

Leonard L

Supporter
The Andretti/Bianchi LeMans 100th Anniversary Tribute GT40 #6 Downforce Motors, Holman Moody, and Dennis Olthoff.

Attachments

• 20230629_145310.jpg
    20230629_145310.jpg
    479.3 KB · Views: 76
  • 20230531_183105.jpg
    20230531_183105.jpg
    439.8 KB · Views: 82
  • 20230531_165133.jpg
    20230531_165133.jpg
    516.8 KB · Views: 76
Hi All,

My first post of I'm sure plenty.....

My Pace GT is in the shed and I've been tinkering away on brakes, cooling, suspension in prep for the powerplant, a new crate Coyote that I picked up from my local Ford guys last week. Amongst other things I'm aquiring bolt ons like a/c compressor and alternator before I hoist the engine in for the first time. Any tips on the best places to get these bits or is it straight to the kit the Ford Performance offers?

The intake of course needs to be reversed and I have been told that this is possible on the gen 1 coyote and before I start removing mine, can anyone enlighten me on whether you can do the same on my 2017 engine.
This is already normal, wow. I can't even imagine this. I'm just getting goosebumps right now. I also sometimes use https://studyhelper.com/argumentative-essay-samples but not as often as I would like. Everything has its own rules. In general, I like your opinion. That's how it should be
Thanks
:confused: need to think

Back