New-England area get-together

Re: Update re: New-England area get-together

[ QUOTE ]
I'm using 8-32 by 1/2" flat-head stainless socket cap screws and Helicoils to attach my Lexan pieces to the body. I've countersunk the Lexan, and wish I could find the hex socket screws in an undercut head style.

[/ QUOTE ]

Enco has them, but alas they are alloy steel, not stainless /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

How does the nutserts work. I have a nutsert tool with #8 32 socket button heads stainless. I am concerned about the expansion of the nutsert in the fiberglass. does anyone have experience with this method?

The snow is flying today, and the forecast calls for more snow, sleet and freezing rain this evening and possibly into tomorrow. Nonetheless, I think the roads will be passable tomorrow so we're still on. If anyone still needs directions send me an email tonight.

Based on the emails I've received, I expect about 8-10 visitors. I'll have coffee, tea, soda and beer available, along with some chips and appies. If anyone wants to bring some munchies or something to throw on the grill, please feel free to do so, but don't feel obligated.

I look forward to seeing and meeting you all.

Flat head hex socket screws

[ QUOTE ]
I'm using 8-32 by 1/2" flat-head stainless socket cap screws and Helicoils to attach my Lexan pieces to the body. I've countersunk the Lexan, and wish I could find the hex socket screws in an undercut head style.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's been awhile, but I just found this site which seems to have just what you are (were) looking for:
smallparts.com

They're 18-8 stainless steel.

Denis
IMHO the only good nutserts available are those made by Lawson, you can back them up with a flat piece of metal which ideally should be glued or glassed to the back of the fiberglass since the nutserts expand to hold themselves in place, and they can be quite destructive if you pull them too tight with the tool, whatever you do dont go for the aluminum ones, they are really flimsy
Phil

Back