New Guy From Michigan

I joined this forum more for the car building and creative content than for the any specific marque such as a GT40. Am a bit of a Porsche fan so 917, 910 and 908 models pique my interest a bit more. As for the bio, I spent most of the 80's and early 90's as a fabricator and mechanic on IMSA GTP cars. Plan on using those skills to build a car for myself and will be starting that project later this year.
Rick

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Hi Rick,

Welcome to GT40s.com

Check out some of the builds in our Build Log forum - there's an incredible amount of talent here!

Welcome Rick. Anytime you want to exercise your skills just let me know! I'm in Royal Oak and building an RCR GT40. Welcome aboard. I'm still a newbie.... Great site.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Rick and I share some good friends...
He is a very talented chap and he brings a great wealth of knowledge to the forum...another gem to have onboard.

Guys thank you for the welcome. Fran thank you for the kind words.

I have a long standing problem getting started and staying focused on personal projects. With much of my shop time devoted to customer work I seldom have time for major builds of my own. I am cutting back on the larger projects for people and hope to get going on my build.

I have attached a couple of photos of my Ginetta G34 I mocked up a few years back only to take it back off the plate to put some customer work back on. After many years of mid-engine monoques I picked this car with its traditional front engine layout. The fiberglass body will be used for a design buck to build an aluminum body mounted to a standard tube space frame. The powerplant is a 550 hp 4.0lt Lexus motor built for IMSA and a Quaife sequential 6 speed. The rest is an exercise in joining the dots.

Looking forward to the infectious enthusiasm displayed on this forum to keep me motivated to get the build going again.

Attachments

• ginettamockup1.JPG
    ginettamockup1.JPG
    195.3 KB · Views: 223
  • ginettamockup2.JPG
    ginettamockup2.JPG
    165.8 KB · Views: 219
Back