New guy here! Cheers!

Ben Hedrick

Supporter
Ok, new to the GT40's forum but not new to cars or going fast. I live in Ormond Beach, FL and have raced "something" since about 1988. Boats, Shifter Karts, SCCA Cars, Bikes, Etc... Now I'm getting the GT40 bug, BAD!! I just sold my 289 FIA Cobra (replica) by Unique Motorcars and now I'm here to gain some education on GT40's and how to build mine. Thanks for letting gain some knowledge here!

Cheers, Ben
Hedrick Speedsports
www.BenHedrick.com

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome to GT40S Ben. Read through the various build threads. There’s some really knowledgeable people on here that have made some really nice cars.
Enjoy the forum !!

Regards Brian

Davidmgbv8

Supporter
Ok, new to the GT40's forum but not new to cars or going fast. I live in Ormond Beach, FL and have raced "something" since about 1988. Boats, Shifter Karts, SCCA Cars, Bikes, Etc... Now I'm getting the GT40 bug, BAD!! I just sold my 289 FIA Cobra (replica) by Unique Motorcars and now I'm here to gain some education on GT40's and how to build mine. Thanks for letting gain some knowledge here!

Cheers, Ben
Hedrick Speedsports
www.BenHedrick.com
GT40 by CAV on Bring A Trailer today

Ben Hedrick

Supporter
All, I have secured and bought an Active - Chris Arden GT40 and I have just come back from Ohio to take a look at it. SUPER excited about this new adventure and building me a GT40!!! Once I have the car to me in Florida, I'll start a new thread for the overall build. Cheers!!

All, I have secured and bought an Active - Chris Arden GT40 and I have just come back from Ohio to take a look at it. SUPER excited about this new adventure and building me a GT40!!! Once I have the car to me in Florida, I'll start a new thread for the overall build. Cheers!!
Congrats. Chris is great to work with and his design is awesome. i should be receiving mine from him within the next 2/3 weeks

Ben Hedrick

Supporter
Guys, just a couple of quick photos to let you know, I HAVE MY GT40 NOW...!!!! WOW!!! Super happy with the car and of course the experience with Active Powercars and Chris Ardern!! What a super guy to work with!

I'll probably start a new build thread soon. Cheers, Ben :cool:

20230410_102341.jpg
20230410_102331.jpg
20230409_084110.jpg
20230409_084815.jpg

What level of build did you order? It looks like yours is a lof further along than the roller I had delivered last month.

Ben Hedrick

Supporter
What level of build did you order? It looks like yours is a lof further along than the roller I had delivered last month.

Joe, so I ordered mine to be "more" paint ready. So body panels aligned, vents cut, headlights cut and then primed. Still needs, latches, engine, transaxles, plumbing, wiring, interior, dash, etc. And of course, a paint job.

But, I am loving the AP Chris Ardern product I received!!!

Ben

Mine will take some work to get it to the point of yours, but I'm used to working with rusty, greasy projects. This will be a nice change of pace....and I think fiberglass is easier to work with than metal.

Back