New Kit Car Mag

Gordon -

I got my mag last night. Couldn't wait to read the article. It was very good. Was that your car, or Robert's?

I firmly believe that the GT40 replica business will take off now that we have more than just ERA. As more and more people become aware of this magnificent car and it's competative cost as compared with such cars as the Viper, Porsche, and Corvette, the greater the number of buyers. Competition and choice are great for the consumer.

-Bill D

[ January 31, 2002: Message edited by: Bill D ]

G

Just came in ... good read.

Was a bit surprised ... golly, I thought CAV was "Cape Advanced Vehicles."

How much of the front suspension/brake package in the RF is from the Corvette?

Bill, Robert owns the car and has been kind enough to let me play with it.

Mike, The only thing Corvette is the front rotors and calipers. It uses the 13" cross drill rotors and PBR calipers standard.. RF does offer a 6 piston AP brake upgrade, and soon we will offer a 6 piston Wilwood system. Everything else in the suspensions is designed and built by RF.

G

I am assuming this is the one with the light blue GT40 on the front. (Which doesn't match the text bye the way.) Kit Car Illustrated is no more and this is the ONE now. I was pleased to read that the Hot Rod manufacturers have seen fit to allow older replica builders into their organization. This will give more clout in the battle against rediculous regulation of one off, and home/hand built autos that strangle innovation and creativity while doing absolutely nothing of value. (We are such a small percentage of the vehicles as to be meaningless from an emissions point of view.)

smile.gif
smile.gif
Bill,
Can you tell me which issue date has the RF and CAV reports? December, January or February?
Thanks, Geoff.

It is Kit Car, March issue. Subscribers got theirs this week and it should be on news stands next week. I'm not sure how long it will take for the issue to get to England.

G

FYI

I do not believe USA "Kit Car" magazine is
related to UK "Kit-Car" magazine.
I doubt the USA mag is distributed in UK.

I'm trying to purchase "Kit-Car" back issues from the UK...so far no luck.

MikeD

Ron Earp

Admin
Anyone found this mag? I've been looking but the local B&N and Borders do not have this issue, just the one with the ERA on on the front. Is it right after that one?

R

The magazine comes out every other month so the March issue (one in question) comes just after the issue with the blue ERA GT40 on the cover. As I recall March issue has some sort of rod on the cover.

Back